Development (or offtopic) Blog

Forums for TGRDM3 [Home Not Yet Defined][/note]

Moderator: TGRDM3 Team

Tiger
Developer
Developer

Re: Development (or offtopic) Blog

Post by Tiger »

This semester is getting rather intense with the work flow, I will try to start working on this project here soon....
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier
Tiger
Developer
Developer

Post by Tiger »

I am going to have to shut the doors on this project until the semester ends, my classes (primarily econ and elm. calc) are really weighing me down to the point where I just can't freely manage my time. Fun Fact: My economics professor considers this gaming console as new and recent technology! .....

But I guess I shouldn't be surprised....
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier
Gez
Developer
Developer

Post by Gez »

Tiger wrote:Fun Fact: My economics professor considers this gaming console as new and recent technology! .....
Well, game consoles are newer than TV, which is newer than telephone, which is newer than the steam engine, which is newer than the windmill, so it's just a question of your frame of reference!
Tiger
Developer
Developer

Post by Tiger »

Gez wrote:
Tiger wrote:Fun Fact: My economics professor considers this gaming console as new and recent technology! .....
Well, game consoles are newer than TV, which is newer than telephone, which is newer than the steam engine, which is newer than the windmill, so it's just a question of your frame of reference!
But he considers them generating 'GDP' today, when in-fact they are omitted -- they were part of GDP back in the 1970's.... I hate the word 'GDP'; I am not a business person but a creator and designer, there's a HUGE difference between the two regions. ugh, I can't wait for this torture to be over-with.
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier
Tiger
Developer
Developer

Post by Tiger »

I am slowly trying to restructure this project and broaden the field for expansion of this project - including commercially. A vague scope of what will be restructured and updated: Goals of the project, project plans, dependencies, and expectations of the project.
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier
Tiger
Developer
Developer

Post by Tiger »

Still working on the outside area in Abandoned Misery; here's my work so far:

Note: click on the images to see it larger.

Before:
After:
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier
Tiger
Developer
Developer

Post by Tiger »

Here's another nice update; there's still a lot of work to be done - mainly making the 'cutoff' from translucent water to non-translucent water less noticeable, and then add in the skybox along with other environment settings. I am going to take a small break from this project and start working on some introduction projects, so the next update will take a little while. Anyways, enjoy the pictures.

Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier
Tiger
Developer
Developer

Post by Tiger »

For some time I have been back and fourth on this very subject, but I have officially made up my mind: TGRDM3 is officially a dead project. I will, however, finish working on Abandoned Misery and try to push for a critical release during my winter break (see todo list for what still needs to be done). After the map has been officially released, I will close the entire TGRDM3 SVN Repo and - that is that.

I am kind-of interested on joining a few team projects, so maybe I'll start raising my hand into some of those -- so I am not completely abandoning ;)

TODO List for Abandoned Misery
  • Continue working on the rocks that will cover up the cut-off between non-mirrored and mirrored water.
  • Add expensive skybox
  • Add light-rain
    • Drizzle; idea inspired by my time living in Germany
  • Add hint of fog
  • Add sounds
  • Default with Weapons and items
    • While still following with the standards, no exceptions to be made here.
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier
Tiger
Developer
Developer

Post by Tiger »

Now I have added in the rocks, now there is no more cut-off from mirrored water and non-mirrored. Doesn't this seem more natural now? :D

Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier
Tiger
Developer
Developer

Post by Tiger »

Lately I have been making a lot of changes, but I have one more massive change that will take effect very soon: I will officially close down my webspace with Freewebs (AKA: Webs(?)). The downloadable data that is currently on the site might be available on another location or through other means (if need be, daisy-chain it), or at worse - it's all gone.

I thought this was the perfect to moment to release that info.
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier
Tiger
Developer
Developer

Post by Tiger »

I have finished adding the skybox into the map, I kept it basic - so it shouldn't dramatically hinder with the rendering engine. With this, and a few fixes and updates, all that is left - is just adding in the fog, rain, and maybe some sound effects into the virtual world -- this map is nearly completed!
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier
Tiger
Developer
Developer

Post by Tiger »

I could not get the fog to give me the exact result I wanted, so - I am nixing that entire idea (plus the rain and other things that goes along with it). With that, this map - is ready for release. For the next few hours I will be getting this map ready for release
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier

Return to “TGRDM3”