{MAP03} NoirLust

Moderator: TGRDM3 Team

Tiger
Developer
Developer

{MAP03} NoirLust

Post by Tiger »

I am trying to modify how I create maps by using better drafting techniques and not rely on a just drafting on ordinary paper. The current drafting technique I am doing relies on three passes: brain storm \ general draft (ordinary paper) - to get the idea of the Virtual World, first draft (ordinary graphing paper) - properly scale the idea from the general draft to a graph, and working final draft (grid paper) - duplicate the contents from the graphing paper to the grid paper using the same scale that will be used on the level editor. Is this rather a tedious task? It is a major difference than before, but I have experienced much more advantages with this scheme -- no more guess work and less time on the editor. But, to every positive side - there is a negative side, primarily it just takes much longer than before.

Anyways, here is one map I have so far. It is very much still in 'Work in Progress' stage as it still needs the following:
  • Height Variations and base height [currently, Y=0]
  • Add 3D Objects\Floors
  • Flow Check
  • General Revision {is this room too small? Is this column in the way? etc}
  • Textures
  • Implement special actions {Jumping Pads and Teleports}
However, I am still working on this rather strange ill-figured or Deformed person on a pogo stick while holding a bag and some musical instrument.....
Spoiler: Deeper Information about NoirLust
Spoiler: Screenshots since Revision 658
Download
  • r676 Modified
    • Only designed for testing and viewing the map layout
Last edited by Tiger on Fri May 23, 2014 18:06, edited 6 times in total.
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier
Tiger
Developer
Developer

Re: {DM10000} NoirLust

Post by Tiger »

I've included a download to a modified version of NoirLust for testing the layout of the map. Keep in mind, there is no weapons or any textures (aside from avoiding HOM's) and includes only a Player1 Start. Currently, this download is only designed for viewing the map and allowing those to critique and share feedback over the general flow of the map layout.

Modified:
  • To avoid Hall of Mirrors when testing, textures where defined within the virtual world.
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier

Return to “Maps”