Hacx MenuDef

Moderators: Xaser, Dr_Nostromo

NeuralStunner

Hacx MenuDef

Post by NeuralStunner »

It's causing me problems. Not only is the layout unfamiliar, but I can't access OpenGL options in GZDoom because the Display Options menu is redefined without that item.

The only important change seems to be the change of the main menu header image, and rearrangement of the controls menu. In MenuDef, it's possible to only define the menus that actually need to be redefined.

Anyhow, I'm going to have to edit the lump in my IWad copy, for the time being. (Removed everything except MainMenu, CustomizeControls and ExtraControls, and I think it's just about perfect.)

I think the tweaked controls menu is a good idea, BTW. There, not an angry rant post! :P

(Go ahead and move this to the Development forum, if it belongs there.)
Dean Koontz wrote:Human beings can always be relied upon to exert, with vigor, their God-given right to be stupid.
Spoiler: System Specs
Xaser
Developer
Developer

Re: Hacx MenuDef

Post by Xaser »

Most of the MENUDEF tweaks probably won't stay in. I was mostly trying some different things out, since I'm not entirely happy with the way ZDoom lays out its controls by default. The controls menu is all that's really necessary, though, so that will stay.
NeuralStunner

Re: Hacx MenuDef

Post by NeuralStunner »

Well, I noticed that stripping the MenuDef entirely makes the main menu title image fail to display. I can understand not wanting to call that image M_DOOM. :P I'm guessing there's an Eternity equivalent for displaying a different image?

Personally the main and control menus are all I'd be comfortable changing for my own mods, anyway. The former can be tweaked a bit through other lumps. (Although EE consistency is again a concern.)

Random: I'm not certain if there's a non-MenuDef way to make ZDoom generate from text for primary menu items, rather than by image. It might be a good thing to suggest as a feature!
Dean Koontz wrote:Human beings can always be relied upon to exert, with vigor, their God-given right to be stupid.
Spoiler: System Specs

Return to “Hacx General Discussion”