QR Code mania

Moderators: Xaser, Dr_Nostromo

Cage

QR Code mania

Post by Cage »

Just had a fun idea lately, which fits with the futuristic/cyberpunk theme of Hacx - how about we use QR codes for some bonus content?

First idea which springs to mind, is to use the codes in-game for some hidden easter eggs, for example. I'm on the fence about this one - I wanted the Hacx to follow a theme of cyberpunk, but seen from 90's perspective (that's why I've been asking about any big in the past, but now defunct, companies in the texture thread) and the code thing is relatively recent. Few, well hidden, ones wouldnt shift the overall theme though.

As the website is a bit different story, I think that posting updates consisting just of an QR code, every now and then, giving access to bonus content would be really cool.

Is Hacx2.0 going to be first Doom project to have viral marketing? ;)
cybdmn

Re: QR Code mania

Post by cybdmn »

Thats a nice idea. The QR codes fit in the cyberspace theme.

Oh, and nice idea to post the HacX website code here. :-D
Cage

Re: QR Code mania

Post by Cage »

Hey, while the code thing clashes a bit with my 90's futuristic settinng (in my opinion) we could still have it as a feature appearing in cyberspace only!

We could have to codes places on textures which would link to pages with easter eggs, or solutions how to access a secret area. :)

I need to test it out if I can read the code shown in-game - I'm sure that high contrast is mandatory, and it should be in areas that player can aproach closely enough to have the code big enough on the screen.

Return to “Hacx General Discussion”