Seeking Permission

Moderators: Xaser, Dr_Nostromo

Boingo the Clown
Location: North of New York, West of Montreal, East of Toronto, and South of Hell

Seeking Permission

Post by Boingo the Clown »

I have been working on a TC for DooM called The Ultimate Chex Quest (T.U.C.Q.) for a very long time now.

Way back when I first started the project, about ten years ago, I combined Chex Quest and Chex Quest 2 together. I also found another fan made game called Chex Quest 3 (not to be confused with Charles Jacobi's Chex Quest 3 that came later) and added it to the game mod as well. Shortly after I added it, I discovered the fan made Chex Quest 3 almost entirely contained stolen material, including a lot of material stolen from HACX. I immediately purged the stolen material from my mod.

However ...

I recently started playing HACX again and discovered that there are two sounds from HACX that I missed during the purge, and are still in T.U.C.Q.. The first sound is the squishy sound used as the DSSLOP replacement in HACX, and the other sound is the slow platform movement sound.

The two sounds were left in T.U.C.Q. unintentionally, but are now the sounds players and myself expect to hear. I am wondering if I may have permission to continue using these two sounds in my mod.
Blzut3
Developer
Developer

Re: Seeking Permission

Post by Blzut3 »

HacX is a non-profit, royalty-free product and may NOT be used, in whole or in part, in any manner which would generate financial income of any kind.
The HacX files may be freely distributed and developers may use HacX resources for their own projects provided they give credit where credit is due.
In other words, you're fine using Hacx resources in a non-commercial product.

Return to “Hacx General Discussion”