Ghostbreed

Re: Hacx 2.0 IWAD [r61]

Post by Ghostbreed »

Is this dead? :c
NeuralStunner

Post by NeuralStunner »

In a word: Not at all.

I know Cage in particular has been busy using his art talents for a commercial game (I.E. getting paid for it which is nice) and I don't think anybody has heard from mappers in a long time. Times like these, Xaser tends to bounce around to other projects. (One time, we found him on top of a mountain in Tibet. We had to borrow a helicopter and several pounds of cantaloupe to coax him in.)
Dean Koontz wrote:Human beings can always be relied upon to exert, with vigor, their God-given right to be stupid.
Spoiler: System Specs
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

Oh phew! It's a normal thing then...
Cage

Post by Cage »

I'm working on enemies, behind the scenes. I think it's one of the toughest and most time consuming assets of this project, and it requires me to learn new stuff too, so this is taking a while, sorry.

Also personal real life stuff going in the way of the actual cool stuff ;_;
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

Don't be sorry Cage, take all the time you need.
.+:icytux:+.
Stronghold Team

Post by .+:icytux:+. »

I would definitely want to keep working on the mapping for this here aswell but atm I'm serving in the military and do not have time at all to do any mapping of any sort. But my service is done 19th june so after that again I'll be having time as soon as I've gotten my feet on the ground again.
VGA

Post by VGA »

I would like to drop a post for support here, since I'm going through the 1.2 version.

These are going to be brand new maps, right ?
pikmintaro

Post by pikmintaro »

So what is the current status of the game? are people still working on it? I know that the game is free and they are making it on their free time, but I would like to know if it's still being worked on.

Right now I'm hoping that they can at least finish the GENIE boss (I think I saw a sprite of it on here.) and fix some of the missing textures on the Cyberspace levels, this is one of my favorite DOOM conversions (Maybe my top favorite actually.) so I'm hoping it hasn't been abandoned.
Hacxor

Post by Hacxor »

Hey! I too haven't heard anything of what is currently up with the game...can't wait to see the final game! So how's the development now?
Blzut3
Developer
Developer

Post by Blzut3 »

It has been on the back burner for awhile now.
pikmintaro

Post by pikmintaro »

Blzut3 wrote:It has been on the back burner for awhile now.
Thanks for the response! I know that the people making it are doing this for free so I don't expect them to make it a priority, but I just like to know the status, I just hope that at the very least they could add in the boss sometime in the future.
Cage

Post by Cage »

As much as free time let's me, I'm pretty actively working (Like actually having some progress every week, not just on-off), I'm working on the biggest hurdle of the project - enemy sprites.

I've finished the Thorn thing remake (the red spidery thing) and I'm almost finished with the Mechamaniac. More will follow. :)

Don't expect any big news anytime soon, but I'm doing my best to push the project graphically - I've made it the only game project I'm working on my free time since the last two months of the previous year, and I think I've already made more progress than the year before to be honest.

Keep up the good spirits but be patient as well. :) We really appreciate your support!
VGA

Post by VGA »

Nice, when the assets are complete then mapping can really pick up! :bfg:
NeuralStunner

Post by NeuralStunner »

Appears the download is not working and some people are asking for this. I'm having to share a quick-n-dirty build on dropbox for now. Could we get an upload to DRD perhaps?

(EPIC MEGABUMP)
Dean Koontz wrote:Human beings can always be relied upon to exert, with vigor, their God-given right to be stupid.
Spoiler: System Specs
opensourcefiend

Post by opensourcefiend »

almost 5 years later, the quickest way to get some version of this is from archive.org

https://web.archive.org/web/20160307082 ... 20-r61.zip

I don't know of a more recent version

edit: the link I posted is from 2016-03-07
Last edited by opensourcefiend on Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:41, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Hacx Development”