Restricted

Stuff you want Bio to see. [Home]

Moderator: BioHazard

NecroMage

Restricted

Post by NecroMage »

Just about every time I try to run one of your programs I get a windows illeagal operation error and then i get a message box saying, "The operation has been cancled due to the restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator."

I seem to get this only with your software and any time it does work it seems to be random. I have zdl, tagexplorer, and textstuff. I have also downloaded the source for tagexplorer and I have never had this error while running the version I compiled (with code::blocks). I am using windows 98.
BioHazard

Post by BioHazard »

Oh yeah. I figured out why this happens a couple of weeks ago. Thanks to WildWeasel and some other guy for helping out with this.

It's the EXE compresser I was using. (MEW11SE) It creates EXEs that don't work in Win9x. I have switched to UPX which solves this problem. I'm updating all my programs again so the next batch of updates will include Win98 support. If you need a particular app with 9x support, IM me or ask on the IRC and I'll send it to you.
NecroMage

Post by NecroMage »

Okay, thank you. Your programs rule. :rock:
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

By the way, the "some other guy" has additional news to report- the 9x version of AntiVir reported the Mew11se compression as suspicious compression. And for 98 it would be.

Return to “Bio's Site-Place”