GZDOOM WITH ZDL - UNLEASHED

Stuff you want Bio to see. [Home]

Moderator: BioHazard

BELVA

GZDOOM WITH ZDL - UNLEASHED

Post by BELVA »

Does zdl 3 in multiplayer setting, work with GZDOOM?

Cause when I start a multiplayer game, it all freezes over. It tries to access gzdoom , adapting to its resolution, but all i got left on my hands is my desktop frozen in a different resolution.
It does the same thing with Unleashed. I think is more of a video problem, but it's absent when I play single player. ....

Please let me know if this thing happened to somebody else and how to fix it!!

If this thing can't be fixed , IS THERE A WAY I CAN PLAY GZDOOM IN MULTPLAYER?

Bye

Belva
BioHazard

Post by BioHazard »

The chance that ZDL will launch your multiplayer games is the same for all ports it supports.

When GZD locks up as you say, will Alt-F4 or even ESC kill it? I have noticed the window isin't even created untill theh title screen is up. (and sometimes even into the credits screen)
It's probably a router problem. It's almost always a router problem.

Guide to fixing the router problem:
DISCLAIMER: This will open your computer to connections from the internet which can get you hacked very easily. It is reccommended to undo these changes when you are finished with your game. You have been warned.
  1. Open a command window, Start->Run->"cmd" ("command" in win98, but I know you aren't using that.) Or use CmdStrip :)
  2. Type "ipconfig" and press enter ("*ipconfig" in CmdStrip)
  3. Take note of your IP address, it should start with "192.168." If it doesn't, you have a software firewall. (probably the crap windows firewall).
  4. Open a web browser and type "http://*ipaddress*", replacing "*ipaddress*" with your IP you got earlier but replace the last 3 digits with "254" and press enter. If you are greeted with a password thingy put in the password, if 254 doesn't work, try 255 and 1. When you get a password screen go to the next step.
  5. Put in the password. If you didn't know this router was here, you probably never set the password, try usernames "admin" or "administrator" and even leave it blank. The password is usually blank, but sometimes it's "password" or "pass". When you get past this screen proceed.
  6. Look for a tab, list item, something that says something about virtual servers or port forewarding, that kind of stuff. When you find it, click it (duh).
  7. If it wants an IP and port (and sometimes connection type) add your IP from earlier and set port to "5029". If it want's TCP or UDP, select UDP. Don't forget to apply the settings.
  8. Log out of your router. Usually there is a link or button that says "log out". Easy enough.
  9. Try to host a game. If all this worked, you should start up just fine.
BELVA

Ok

Post by BELVA »

Thanks. Well, it does give me a "firewall ip", but I deactivated the windows firewall. What other thing could be messing my game?Is it mccafee a firewall? (sorry but I'm an informatics idiot)

Waiting for reply
Belva
jallamann

Post by jallamann »

Do you have a router? Because with a 192.168.*.* address you're on a LAN.
You have to set up NAT for UDP port 5029 to your machine from the router, making all traffic directed towards the router on port 5029 go to your machine instead of being discarded.

EDIT: Dummy guide with screenshots.

Open your web browser, in my case it's Mozilla. Then, in the location bar, fill in the address to your router. If you don't know what it is, try running ipconfig and using the IP address found after "Default Gateway . . . . . . :". In my case it's 192.168.2.1
Spoiler: Screen 1
Okay, now we need to put in a password. Consult your manual if you or anyone else never logged in and changed the default password.
Spoiler: Screen 2
If you have a SMC Barricade just like me, you'd want to enter the "Advanced Setup" section.
Spoiler: Screen 3
From the menu, choose NAT, then Virtual Server. Fill in the IP to your computer and then the port you want open and select TCP or UDP.
Then hit "Apply".
Spoiler: Screen 4
You should see something similar to this. Close your web browser and attempt to host a game.
BELVA

Hi!

Post by BELVA »

I thank you for the info. But there must be something before that. Simply bacause, when I insert my IP in the firefox browser , (keep in mind I have a always variable IP - changes almost every time I connect-) , it says to me "connection denied" .

Now, for example , my IP is 82.48.155.166

Could you tell me something from this number?

Of course is going to change in the next connections I'll make.

Thanks for your precious support from Italy.
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Re: Hi!

Post by Enjay »

BELVA wrote:Now, for example , my IP is 82.48.155.166

Could you tell me something from this number?
host166-155.pool8248.interbusiness.it
jallamann

Post by jallamann »

Start->Run->cmd /c ipconfig && pause
What does that tell you?
BELVA

Well...

Post by BELVA »

It tells me

Ip= 82.50.101.248

Subnet mask = 255.255.255.255

Gateway = 82.50.101.248

I dunno..... Jdoom worked flawlessy thoguh... BUT I CAN'T USE DEHs on it (and the awesome STRANGER.WAD)
BELVA

FOR BIOHAZARD!!!!!!

Post by BELVA »

FOR BIO HAZARD: YES IN ZDL, WHEN THE SCREEN IS STUCK IN ANOTHER RESOLUTION, IF I PRESS F4 OR ESC IT WILL GO BACK.
Is it a clue for something?

Also: we do not have routers.
The situation is this: 2 PLAYERS THAT LIVE ABOUT 10 KM AWAY CONNECTING WITH REGULAR DSL CONNECTION , ONE HOSTING AND THE OTHER JOINING USING AN IP ADDRESS, BOTH HAVING ZDL AND GZDOOM.That's all.

Let me know!!

PS:If you give me your email addres we could talk easily, though of course it wouldn't be an example for the other people on the site. Lemmeknow!
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

Actually, yes, that is a clue. Zdoom and GZDoom do that sort of thing if they haven't picked up a connection, and are still waiting for a joining player.

It appears you are setting it up wrong.
BELVA

So

Post by BELVA »

So basically my friend and I are not syncronized?

How can I see that?

Thx!!
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

No, you seem to be configuring ZDL3 wrong. I think it may help us if you showed us screenshots of how you have set up each persons launcher, and we'll see from there.
BELVA

Thx

Post by BELVA »

Thx for your kindness. How can I take ap icture of the zdl launcher?Sorry I know I'm not a real computer person.
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

Hit the Print Screen button. Whatever is on screen gets copied to the clipboard. Paste it into the graphics program of your choice and save it.
BioHazard

Post by BioHazard »

It would probably be easier to use Alt+PrintScreen. That will only get the active window.

Return to “Bio's Site-Place”