Internet Instant Messenger Client

Stuff you want Bio to see. [Home]

Moderator: BioHazard

QBasicer

Internet Instant Messenger Client

Post by QBasicer »

I've been toying with the idea of making an instant messaging program for a couple years now. With the unsuccessfulness of Google Talk, I'm wondering if I'm wasting my time.

In addition with an internet based talk, a centralized and decentralized LAN features could be available. I also have the idea of including a light version of the messenger inside all of my internet/authentication based applications (such as my RequestServ program). Also a feature I have an idea is a "sleep" mode, where the main part of the application shuts down and only leaves an icon in the system tray notifing the user if they get any messages.
kc32

Post by kc32 »

Sounds good.
Hobbs

Post by Hobbs »

Make an IRC client thats truly good. The current ones all have issues making you run away from each (mIRC is buyware, and has too much crap in it, vIRC has fairly poor user interface, and X-Chat is too fucking big (MB), the rest are, well, pretty crappy all round). Although the LAN feature would have to go, the rest wouldnt, and its still a chat client.
QBasicer

Post by QBasicer »

Apparently there's some chat program (rendevous?) on the Mac that students can be in a chat while in the same room (like a lecture hall). I was thinking that it could work the same way, as the campus is completely wireless (you know what I mean). The added advantage of being able to send chat messages to a person in the same room in an IRC-esque fashion without having to set up a server might prove useful, albeit in a limited fashion.

Return to “Bio's Site-Place”