Stuff you want Bio to see. [Home]

Moderator: BioHazard

BlazingPhoenix

ZDL question

Post by BlazingPhoenix »

I was wondering if you, Bio, could update ZDL so it would work with SRB2
BioHazard

Post by BioHazard »

Why? Last time I checked, SRB2 isin't based on ZDoom.

ZDoom Launceratorizer.
The only ports to be officially supported by ZDL are ZDoom variants. The only reason I put a "port" option in there is because there are so many different versions of ZDoom that are incompatible.

If you tell me whet ZDL needs to do to launch SRB2, I might be able to think of a way around it.
Last edited by BioHazard on Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:52, edited 1 time in total.
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

That's no excuse - EDGE works with ZDL to a degree (warping doesn't work but it works).
BlazingPhoenix

Post by BlazingPhoenix »

ZDL should be able to support srb2.srb better, because when I tried putting that in as the I-wad file(which is the IWAD file for SRB2 anyway), every time I started SRB2 in single-player, it says I need a wad put in first, and I thought that got really annoying.
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

It's a Zdoom and derivative launcher. Other ports will work with it to a greater or lesser extent because all Doom ports share at least some command line options and requirements. However, unless Bio wants to cater for all the quirks and special options of the various ports that exist (and thereby probably ruin ZDL's biggest attraction: its simplicity) I think he's quite right to stick to his Zdoom only policy.

Return to “Bio's Site-Place”