Tumbleweed screensaver?

Stuff you want Bio to see. [Home]

Moderator: BioHazard

DoomRater

Tumbleweed screensaver?

Post by DoomRater »

Yeah one of my friends Maru discussed the desire for a tumbleweed screensaver. The thing is I've never seen one before, and Google didn't turn up any results. So, I thought I'd request someone to build an EXE that exits on mousemove or keyboard stroke or whatever action, and would make a tumbleweeed go across the screen.

Basically what it would do is make a tumbleweed go across the screen. Or maybe a few. It could put it either on the current screen (by screen capture) or on a background color of choosing. So, all the configurible options would be something like this:
-number of tumbleweeds
-current screen or solid color screen (possibly a custom screen?)
-if set to current screen, whether the tumbleweeds 'eat' the screen like the lines screensaver does
-I thought there was something else...

It doesn't sound too difficult, but it must NOT use much processor power, since it's going to be a screensaver. Whaddya think?
BioHazard

Post by BioHazard »

Hmm, there are a few problems with this idea.
  • If you want it to use GDI, I can't rotate the sprite due to a lack of a RotBlt() function.
  • If I use OpenGL, I can have the speed, rotations and other tricks, but longer loading times and probably no desktop shot.
  • I'm not sure what to do about the graphics. I certainly can't draw and I don't know any tumbleweed artists...
Anyway. How much is it worth to ya?
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

Probably no use (too small I suspect), but I got it off a free clipart site years ago and altered it a bit myself.

DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

The invidual pics look nice. I suspect they could be of use.

It'd sure be nice to have around but I'm not sure exactly how much it's worth to me. I asked if Maru had any input seperate but nothing so far. Uh...

Return to “Bio's Site-Place”