Very Small Program Request

Stuff you want Bio to see. [Home]

Moderator: BioHazard

wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Very Small Program Request

Post by wildweasel »

I have a request for a very simple (in principle, not necessarily in execution) program. But first, some explanation.

My computer, which has a GeForce FX 5200 video card, is connected to a television via an S-Video cable. This cable is connected to a Radio Shack A/V input box, as the TV itself only has coaxial input. This input box contains inputs for coaxial (antennas and such), composite (yellow/white/red, like for game consoles), and S-Video (which my computer is set up with). The input box considers S-Video a priority over composite connections - so if it recieves a signal from S-Video, it ignores the Composite video entirely. However, it's entirely possible to cut the S-Video signal from my computer through nVidia's driver config panel. But doing this takes more time than I would hope, as the driver panel seems to change for every revision of the drivers, and takes ages to load on this system.

The request: could you make a simple program that, when executed, temporarily disables multiple monitor support on nVidia cards; and when executed again, restores them? Or at the very least, could anybody help me figure out a way to toggle my setup on and off with a minimal amount of clicking and waiting? The only other way I can easily cut the S-Video connection from my computer is by physically getting up and pulling the cord from my input box - and with the condition my feet are in from all the walking I have to do at work, I'd rather not do this.
BioHazard

Post by BioHazard »

Um, since this is getting into hardware and with special connections and stuff, the chances get really slim. I can dig around and see what kinds of things the display control panel throws around, but that's about the extent of what I can get without any special knowledge of the inner-workings of GDI and the display system.

On top of that, I'm leaving for a week-long camping trip tomorrow so I won't even have access to my multi-monitor rig.

Funny you should mention dual-monitors as my left 21" sony flat CRT died on me just today.

Return to “Bio's Site-Place”