My crappy bug reports

Stuff you want Bio to see. [Home]

Moderator: BioHazard

Enjay
Developer
Developer

My crappy bug reports

Post by Enjay »

It's me who has been posting bad bug reports for ZDL on your bug tracker thing. The first time, I was too long winded and the report got cut off. The second time, I was too long winded and the report flagged itself as fixed immediately (maybe the software knows something I don't ;) )

Anyway, I'll try and explain better here.

Most of the time I play WADs for Doom2. If I pick some PWADs to be loaded in ZDL, then later quit without clearing the list, the next time I start ZDL, the PWADs from the previous session are still in the list. This is good. It saves me re-populating the list if I want to play the same WADs again (which is something I often want to do - especially when testing maps).

However, this only happens if I have Doom2 selected in the IWAD box. Doom2 is the first IWAD in the IWAD list, if that is relevant. If I select one of the other IWADs: Doom1, Heretic, whatever, when I quit and restart ZDL, the IWAD I was playing is remembered, but the PWAD list is cleared.

ie ZDL remembers the IWAD selection across sessions, but forgets which PWADs were loaded unless the IWAD is Doom2.wad
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

This happens to me as well. For what it's worth, I'm launcing ZDL through KwikStrip.
BioHazard

Post by BioHazard »

Hmm. It seems to work for me. Is the IWAD name being saved in the [zdl.save] section of the ini?

I'll look into it when I start on ZDL 3.5 sometime after I finish KwikStrip 2.5.
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

This was in the ini before I started ZDL. It accurately represents the WADs I had loaded the last time I played:

Code: Select all

[zdl.save]
port=GZDoom
iwad=Heretic Shadow o/t Serpent Riders
file0=F:\Documents and Settings\Nigel_Rowand\Desktop\ht.wad
file1=F:\Documents and Settings\Nigel_Rowand\Desktop\ogg.wad
When I started it, the PWAD list was blank. I quit and checked the ini again. When I did, it looked like this:

Code: Select all

[zdl.save]
port=GZDoom
iwad=Heretic Shadow o/t Serpent Riders
BioHazard

Post by BioHazard »

It shouldn't make a difference, but what if you take the '/' out of the name?
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

Nope, no difference. It doesn't just happen with Heretic anyway. Any IWAD that isn't Doom2.wad causes the problem. Or rather, it seems to be any IWAD that is not first in the list will cause it. I changed the config to list Doom first and Doom2 second. On doing that, when Doom was selected, the PWADs were remembered across sessions however, with Doom2 selected, they were not.
that_guy

Post by that_guy »

This is also happening with the saved cfg files and i think I've figured out what's going on. When you look at the saved cfg in Notepad the external files are numbered starting with zero. For the first iwad in the list this will work and the external files will show up when the cfg is ran. However for the 2nd file in your iwad list the external files have to start with 1 for the cfg to work. For the 3rd iwad they have to start with 2 etc. This can be worked around by changing the numbering in the cfg using Notepad or similar.

This is also why the Enjay is having problems when reopening ZDL ... if you go in zdl.ini with Notepad you'll see the last external files opened all start with zero. If you change the numbering to match the iwad list then this will work also.

Return to “Bio's Site-Place”