App request

Stuff you want Bio to see. [Home]

Moderator: BioHazard

wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

App request

Post by wildweasel »

My request this time: a simple alarm clock application. I have one already, but I find it rather lackluster. Its options are limited, and since it uses Windows Media Player to play audio, you have to find bloated plugins to get it to play anything other than an MP3 or WMA.

Essentially, what I'm looking for in this program, in easy-to-read Bulleted List format:
  1. An alarm clock with simple functions - set alarm time, enable/disable alarm, minimize to system tray
  2. Must be able to select a sound file to use as the alarm chime
  3. Should, ideally, support FMOD; so that one could use OGG and XM files as alarm chimes
  4. Should optionally allow the user to set multiple alarms, and schedule alarms for certain weekdays (example: monday through friday are set to 6:30 am, saturday and sunday are set to 8:00 am)
  5. When alarm goes off, there should also be a visual indicator - either a dialogue box with a message ("Time to get up"), or fill the entire screen with said message.
  6. The user ought to be able to stop the alarm (once it starts chiming) with the spacebar
  7. There should be an option to set the alarm chime to either play once and stop, or play in full repeat
  8. There should be an option that, when the program is started, it immediately enables the alarm at whatever time was set last, and minimizes itself to the system tray
BioHazard

Re: App request

Post by BioHazard »

1. Yeah, yeah, um... maybe.
  2. OK.
  3. Of course.
  4. Keyword: "should"...
  5. Um, I'll see what I can do.
  6. Shouldn't be too hard...
  7. I could probably do that.
  8. That would be nice wouldn't it?...
How soon do you need this? I'm booked solid untill next month at least. How much is it worth to you? I might be able to shift some time around.
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

I can make do with my current alarm program for as long as you need me to. Like I said, it gets the job done, but it's a little less than satisfactory.

Return to “Bio's Site-Place”