ZDL problem (or ZDoom problem?)

Stuff you want Bio to see. [Home]

Moderator: BioHazard

Empyre

ZDL problem (or ZDoom problem?)

Post by Empyre »

ZDL looks like it would be a very useful tool to make launching zdoom much easier, if only it would work for me. Whenever I try to launch ZDoom with ZDL, I get this error message.

Code: Select all

The procedure entry point _FSOUND_Sample_Loading@20 could not be located in the dynamic link library fmod.dll
The command line ZDL is sending to ZDoom is

Code: Select all

"C:\Doom2\zdoom.exe" -iwad "C:\Doom2\DOOM2.WAD"
Zoom launches just fine when I just run the exe directly. I am using the latest version of ZDoom on the top of ZDoom's downloads page, downloaded today.
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

Is fmod.dll in the ZDoom directory?
Empyre

Post by Empyre »

Both fmod.dll and zdoom.exe are in the doom2 directory. When I first extracted ZDoom, I put it into a directory I made for it, c:\zdoom, but ZDoom complained that it couldn't find an iwad, so I moved it into the doom2 directory. Then ZDoom worked just fine, until I tried ZDL.

I am not blaming ZDL. I am assuming that I am doing something wrong, and I am hoping you guys can tell me what to do to correct it.
BioHazard

Post by BioHazard »

The path to ZDoom (and fmod.dll) wouldn't happen to have spaces does it? Also, where is ZDL in relation to ZDoom?
Empyre

Post by Empyre »

There are no spaces in the path, and ZDL is in the same directory as Doom2 and ZDoom.
Doomguy0505

Post by Doomguy0505 »

What version of windows are you using? ZDL has problems with windows 9x

Return to “Bio's Site-Place”