Stuff you want Bio to see. [Home]

Moderator: BioHazard

wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

It's no big deal if they're ripped out.
BioHazard

Post by BioHazard »

Alrighty, it's removed. I kept a .diff in case I want to put it back in for some reason.

I'm thinking of branching KwikStrip a few times.
  • KwikStrip ( svn://bio.vectec.net/kwikstrip/trunk ): Main line of KS development. Most people will be interested in this. This one will be as stable as possible but will lack the newest features.
  • KwikStrip Testing ( svn://bio.vectec.net/kwikstrip/testing ): This branch will be the one with the new features that aren't really stable yet. If you need stabillity, better stick with the trunk, but if you want to help with development, try this.
  • KwikStripLite ( svn://bio.vectec.net/kwikstrip/lite ): KwikStrip without skin support. Just buttons on a window. No deep frying and smothering with country gravy here.
  • wxKwikStrip ( svn://bio.vectec.net/kwikstrip/wx ): Yay for portabillity! I plan on making KwikStrip work in Linux and MacOS X (and Win32 of course) as well as support all sorts of icon and skin formats. This one will be really nifty. It will eventually replace the trunk version, but that's a ways off in the future.
  • KwikStrip Portable ( svn://bio.vectec.net/kwikstrip/portable ): It has been brought to my attention that there are no good portable launchers for Portable Apps so I have decided to add a couple features to make KwikStrip work with any username and from any drive.
Any thoughts?
BlazingPhoenix

Post by BlazingPhoenix »

FireFox dosen't like the links...
BioHazard

Post by BioHazard »

1. I already told you here: http://forum.drdteam.org/viewtopic.php?p=18204#18204
  2. None of those repositories exist yet. I'll probably have it up by tomorrow or the day after though.
I finally finished the important part of SkinEd (the saving part) so all I have to do now is decide on a repository design and a license (probably GPL) and I can have the source out for all to enjoy. I'll upload the new beta first though.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Make wxKwikStrip! Make wxKwikStrip!
BioHazard

Post by BioHazard »

So I assume KS 2.5.5.7 works well enough to make the first official KwikStrip release in 2 years? I really want to make sure it's bugless before I write the page, archive, SVN and tucows it.
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

I haven't had a single problem with my KwikStrip in a while, and I've been pretty much abusing the hell out of it - launching programs at rapid speed, shuffling programs around, changing skins repeatedly, and even going so far as to make a mammoth 64x64-sized skin (and it works!). I've got 60 items on my strip so far and more are on the way.

Return to “Bio's Site-Place”