Official Launch of To Be King CCG v3.0 Alpha

Moderators: Xaser, Dr_Nostromo

Dr_Nostromo
Developer
Developer

Official Launch of To Be King CCG v3.0 Alpha

Post by Dr_Nostromo »

I finally finished a complete version of To Be King using the Vassal engine and play testing will begin immediately. This is a CCG version with about 2000 cards. If you like fantasy adventures along the lines of D&D and card games, this may be right up your alley.

Check out the official website for more details:

To Be King Website

Also, feel free to discuss, question, suggest, blah, blah, blah... I will certainly be hanging around more often.
If your heart is in the right place, then it's just to the left of center.

Doc
Dr Nostromo's Place
Dr_Nostromo
Developer
Developer

Re: Official Launch of To Be King CCG v3.0 Alpha

Post by Dr_Nostromo »

Play testing is going very well. We've found a lot of minor bugs (but that's what play testing is for, right?) but, overall, everyone is really happy with the final product and we're all having a pretty good time with it ...when we can all get together at the same time. And there's the rub.

We could certainly use some more play testers and feedback. Coming in as a member of the TBK Group gets you access to the TBK Group DropBox folder which has all the files, game mod, rule book, etc., including the Vassal engine with instructions on installation, running the mod, and joining a game online. We use Ventrilo to chat and there's a file for getting and setting up Ventrilo if you're not familiar with it. Basically, everything you need.

So, if you're interested in fantasy, adventure, strategy card games, we could use the help. Drop by the site and check it out.

To Be King Website

Doc
Dr Nostromo's Place
Dr_Nostromo
Developer
Developer

Post by Dr_Nostromo »

Still looking for play testers and just players in general. I think we've worked out most of the game killer bugs and I've added a Game Mechanics page to the web site to give everyone a more in-depth idea of what the game is all about. So, come on by and have some fun.

Official TBK Website

Doc
Dr Nostromo's Place
Dr_Nostromo
Developer
Developer

Post by Dr_Nostromo »

Due to the incredibly underwhelming response to a private gaming group version of To Be King, I'll be replacing all the artwork with public domain art, art made specifically for the game, or, in many cases, no artwork at all, to produce a publicly downloadable version of the game. Mechanically, I shouldn't have to really do anything (except fix the occasional bug) but it will probably take a few weeks for me to modify all the graphics.

There doesn't see to be a whole lot of interest but I'll post a notice when it's ready. If anyone does have an inkling of an interest, the private gaming group for TBK will always be there and you're welcome to join anytime.

Doc
Dr Nostromo's Place
Gez
Developer
Developer

Post by Gez »

This forum isn't very active, as you have seen. A public version may get more interest -- at least you can advertize it on places with more traffic. There's a lot of open game art you can easily find.

Return to “To Be King General Chat”