Android build status?

Advanced Wolfenstein 3D source port based upon Wolf4SDL and ZDoom.
[Home] [Download] [HG builds (Win)] [HG builds (Mac)] [Wiki] [Repo]

Moderator: Blzut3

Banjo

Android build status?

Post by Banjo »

Is there a later Android build than the "Beloko" one linked on the downloads page? I ask because that one seems to have a few issues on my Shield (for example, it won't honor "don't show onscreen controls" for me) and I saw a post suggesting it was no longer updated/supported. When it starts, it even says that "this is for an older version of Android".

I *love* ECWolf and don't mind if the Android port is a few builds behind the PC one I use regularly, but I was hoping to get something fully functional to at least let me play the base game or with a few simple "fix" mods on my Shield, if possible.

Any help or advice?
Blzut3
Developer
Developer

Re: Android build status?

Post by Blzut3 »

I believe this is the latest build I posted: http://maniacsvault.net/loosefiles/ecwo ... 7-2347.apk

It is buggy though, but should run all right as long as you don't switch away from the app. The Android release will get a round of polish before the 1.4 release is cut which currently doesn't have an ETA due to me being stretched a bit thin.
Banjo

Post by Banjo »

Thanks so much for the link!

I'm messing around with it on my Shield and it seems to work okay. The only big issues are that selecting "hide onscreen controls" doesn't work for me... the controls are still shown onscreen when ECWolf starts and in the menu; they only disappear after the first shot/door open interaction in-game (and return when I ESC back to the menu). More annoyingly, while the gamepad works great for moving/shooting, it does not work at all in game's menu for some reason (meaning I have to use a physical mouse or my remote control when Woflenstein's menu is first onscreen, then switch to the controller once I've started the game). Is there something I might have set wrong to not be able to use my controller to move around in the menu?

I'd love to see just those two issues fixed, if nothing else, but I also totally understand about "real life" keeping you busy! ECWolf is an *awesome* project, one I'm very grateful for! Looking forward to 1.4! :)
Blzut3
Developer
Developer

Post by Blzut3 »

The issue with the original builds is largely due to Beloko using a pre-2.0 version of SDL so contained a lot of hacks (both in ECWolf and in the customized SDL build) to make up for the short comings of the SDL development versions. A little while ago I finally got around to integrating with SDL 2.0 proper, but I was focused more on getting it compiling/running again rather than working so that's why it's in the state that it is in.

Appreciate the feedback, but yeah everything you said sounds about right to me. Like I said, at some point I need to sit down and put some polish on it, but at least it compiles and runs still.

Return to “ECWolf”