How's dev on ECWolf coming along?

Advanced Wolfenstein 3D source port based upon Wolf4SDL and ZDoom.
[Home] [Download] [HG builds (Win)] [HG builds (Mac)] [Wiki] [Repo]

Moderator: Blzut3

RetroWolf92

Re: How's dev on ECWolf coming along?

Post by RetroWolf92 »

I give up. Until someone spreads the Mac3D .bin files en mass so they're easily acquirable it's no longer in my interest.

On another note, any progress on ECWolf's mulitplayer functionality? And also, is there any way I can participate in testing it and other parts of the engine?
Is there a repository I can grab proto-builds from?
Blzut3
Developer
Developer

Post by Blzut3 »

Development builds are here: https://devbuilds.drdteam.org/ecwolf/

As of late I've been mostly taking care of old issues and code rot issues (got to get newer versions of SDL to work). Right now you should be able to setup a net game with "--host 2" on one end and "--join ipaddress" on the other machine. Be sure to --tedlevel and --data for best results. As long as neither machine opens a menu the game should be smooth and in sync throughout the level. If you do open the menu on one machine the other will start dropping frames which is an issue I was in the middle of fixing when I last left off.

Level transitions and what not are still not synced, so what happens after you exit a level is undefined at the moment.
Master O

Post by Master O »

Blzut3 wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 23:00 Development builds are here: https://devbuilds.drdteam.org/ecwolf/

As of late I've been mostly taking care of old issues and code rot issues (got to get newer versions of SDL to work). Right now you should be able to setup a net game with "--host 2" on one end and "--join ipaddress" on the other machine. Be sure to --tedlevel and --data for best results. As long as neither machine opens a menu the game should be smooth and in sync throughout the level. If you do open the menu on one machine the other will start dropping frames which is an issue I was in the middle of fixing when I last left off.

Level transitions and what not are still not synced, so what happens after you exit a level is undefined at the moment.
Anything new since then in ECWolf in generally? You have also mentioned elsewhere that the next game to receive support in ECWolf would be Blake Stone: Planet Strike, as it's fully open source.
Blzut3
Developer
Developer

Post by Blzut3 »

Have been occupied with other things since that update, so nothing noteworthy to report.
Master O

Post by Master O »

Blzut3 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 23:37 Have been occupied with other things since that update, so nothing noteworthy to report.
How about now? :D
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

Master O wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 20:44 How about now? :D
Please don't pester him like that. He's a very busy man and rarely has time for hobby projects - trust and believe that when he has time available he'll get to it.

Return to “ECWolf”