Deja vu anyone?

Advanced Wolfenstein 3D source port based upon Wolf4SDL and ZDoom.
[Home] [Download] [HG builds (Win)] [HG builds (Mac)] [Wiki] [Repo]

Moderator: Blzut3

RetroWolf92

Deja vu anyone?

Post by RetroWolf92 »

I feel like I may have asked this or a similarly premised question, but which program(s) do you guys recommend for building Wolf3D mods? I know SLADE3 is one of them, but I've yet to find decent map building software. I've found some old mapping software in the form of ChaosEdit, FloEdit, Mapedit, and WDC, yet none of them work really great. I'm under the assumption that nobody really maintains any map software for Wolf3D anymore. I keep wondering if someone will make a new, more efficient map program.
Blzut3
Developer
Developer

Re: Deja vu anyone?

Post by Blzut3 »

The recommended editors are WDC or HWE. I have a bias against ChaosEdit since it has a bug where it spits out malformed data although this isn't with GAMEMAPS so it should be just fine. That said both WDC and HWE can export to the binary format ECWolf expects in PK3s/WADs so you'll have to use one of those two anyway regardless of what you use to edit the map itself.

HWE is still maintained on/off. There have been several people working on ECWolf focused editors, but nothing has materialized yet.

Return to “ECWolf”