Couple of issues with cfg file BaseDataPath and ShowIWadPicker

Advanced Wolfenstein 3D source port based upon Wolf4SDL and ZDoom.
[Home] [Download] [HG builds (Win)] [HG builds (Mac)] [Wiki] [Repo]

Moderator: Blzut3

Banjo

Couple of issues with cfg file BaseDataPath and ShowIWadPicker

Post by Banjo »

Maybe it's something I'm doing wrong, but I've noticed that when using a cfg file's "BaseDataPath=" line:

Code: Select all

BaseDataPaths = "C:\\ECWolf\\data\\wolf3d";
works but

Code: Select all

BaseDataPaths = ".\\data\\wolf3d";
does not work. Are relative paths not supported?

Also, I noticed an issue related to this: in this line, folders must be separated by \\ (double backslash), right? Fine, except my Super Noah's Ark 3D data is in "C:\ECWolf\data\n3d" which must be parsed as "C:\\ECWolf\\data\\n3d"... but the "\\n3d" gets interpreted as a new line break ("\n") in the cfg file, presumably an issue for any folder starting with the letter "n"!

Finally, is it just for me that "ShowIWadPicker" does not persist in cfg file usage? If I manually set it to 0 in a cfg file, running ECWolf with that cfg skips the IWAD picker as expected, but automatically sets that line to "1" in the cfg file so the next time I do exactly the same thing, the IWAD Picker appears.
Blzut3
Developer
Developer

Re: Couple of issues with cfg file BaseDataPath and ShowIWadPicker

Post by Blzut3 »

Banjo wrote:does not work. Are relative paths not supported?
They should be. The default contains "." just keep in mind that relative path are relative to the working directory not the executable. For that you want $PROGDIR.
Banjo wrote:but the "\\n3d" gets interpreted as a new line break ("\n") in the cfg file, presumably an issue for any folder starting with the letter "n"!
I'll have to look into that. Can't imagine off hand why it would get double resolved.
Banjo wrote:Finally, is it just for me that "ShowIWadPicker" does not persist in cfg file usage? If I manually set it to 0 in a cfg file, running ECWolf with that cfg skips the IWAD picker as expected, but automatically sets that line to "1" in the cfg file so the next time I do exactly the same thing, the IWAD Picker appears.
The logic does indeed look to be faulty. I'll have to fix that.
Banjo

Re: Couple of issues with cfg file BaseDataPath and ShowIWadPicker

Post by Banjo »

Thanks for the quick reply!
Blzut3 wrote:
Banjo wrote:does not work. Are relative paths not supported?
They should be. The default contains "." just keep in mind that relative path are relative to the working directory not the executable. For that you want $PROGDIR.
Does that mean I should be using BaseDataPaths = "$PROGDIR\\data\\wolf3d"?
Apologies if I misunderstood, but I just tried that and had the same problem of it not finding my data (using an absolute path still works fine).

The second two issues had me checking and rechecking to make sure I wasn't doing something and that the cfg was indeed being changed when ECWolf ran. Took me a while to even guess at what was happening with the "\n" one too! Just happy you're taking a look at them, even if it turned out to be something I did wrong! :)

Return to “ECWolf”