Error when starting ECWolf

Advanced Wolfenstein 3D source port based upon Wolf4SDL and ZDoom.
[Home] [Download] [HG builds (Win)] [HG builds (Mac)] [Wiki] [Repo]

Moderator: Blzut3

Gumbemanden

Error when starting ECWolf

Post by Gumbemanden »

So, I cannot get ECWolf to run. All I get when i try to do so is this error-message: http://imgur.com/gallery/bUS0h
Blzut3
Developer
Developer

Re: Error when starting ECWolf

Post by Blzut3 »

Open the start menu and search for "Command Prompt". Now drag and drop the ecwolf executable onto the command prompt window and press enter. You should then be able to see what the error is.
Gumbemanden

Post by Gumbemanden »

It seems ECWolf couldn't find the .WL6 or .SOD-files, due to the fact that I had changed the name of the folder the games were located in from "GOG Games" to "My Games".

Changing back to the original name of the folder fixed it.

EDIT: By the way, is it possible to have ECWolf locate the files in a folder under a different name, and would it also be possible to have mods in a seperate folder that could be loaded through .BAT-files?
Blzut3
Developer
Developer

Post by Blzut3 »

For GOG ECWolf should use whatever path you installed it to via the installer. The installer inserted a key in the registry which ECWolf looks up.

Otherwise you can edit the cfg file in %AppData%\ecwolf to point wherever you want, put them in the same directory as the executable, I think it the working directory is also searched by default, or put them in %AppData%\ecwolf. There are also switches to change the directory ECWolf uses for the cfg etc which can be discovered with --help.

Return to “ECWolf”