A Question on XLAT

Advanced Wolfenstein 3D source port based upon Wolf4SDL and ZDoom.
[Home] [Download] [HG builds (Win)] [HG builds (Mac)] [Wiki] [Repo]

Moderator: Blzut3

Sigma64

A Question on XLAT

Post by Sigma64 »

Out of curiosity, how would I create a switch that opens doors? I know how to make a switch that would open doors on specific map spots, but how would I make them open wherever?
-The Ever Psyched Sigma64
Blzut3
Developer
Developer

Re: A Question on XLAT

Post by Blzut3 »

To clarify are you asking how to make a remotely triggered door or are you asking how to have multiple doors be operated by the same trigger point?
Sigma64

Post by Sigma64 »

Sorry for the confusion, I'm asking how to make multiple doors triggered by the same switch.
Sigma64

Post by Sigma64 »

UPDATE: A month or so ago, I sent Executor this question, but he was not online for quite a while. When I decided that it may be a long wait, I asked the same question here. Ironically, I got my answer from Executor the day I posted this. Thanks, but now I know how to create such switches.
Blzut3
Developer
Developer

Post by Blzut3 »

Since that's the long form of the unhelpful "fixed it" post, I'll explain it anyway. :P

ECWolf supports Rise of the Triad's "info plane" as the forth plane in a binary map. For any given door you simply put hex coded 0xXXYY where XXYY is the coordinates of the activation point. If it is a tile then it's a switch, if it's an open space it's a touch plate. You can have multiple things activated by the same activation point.
Sigma64

Post by Sigma64 »

I had hoped that you would type it for the sake of the community, but I just wished to state that I now had it working.
By the way, I can't wait for Rise of the Triad/Blake Stone support! The scope of the resulting additional features will be amazing!
Thanks for the help,
AstroCreep

Post by AstroCreep »

Blzut3 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 0:36 For any given door you simply put hex coded 0xXXYY where XXYY is the coordinates of the activation point.
0xXXYY meaning...the map symbol ID?
Blzut3
Developer
Developer

Post by Blzut3 »

Probably? Don't have an editor in front of me right now to know if that's the terminology used, but sounds right. Ultimately you need to put that number in for the tile.

Return to “ECWolf”