*.CO7 files

Advanced Wolfenstein 3D source port based upon Wolf4SDL and ZDoom.
[Home] [Download] [HG builds (Win)] [HG builds (Mac)] [Wiki] [Repo]

Moderator: Blzut3

enderandrew

*.CO7 files

Post by enderandrew »

I get that Operation Body Count and Corridor 7 support isn't here yet. I'm curious how you're going to handle *.CO7 files however.

I downloaded a nightly build and wanted to test what files ECWolf can load now out of curiosity. I was pleasantly surprised to see Planet Strike loading up. But if I put Corridor 7 files in my folder, ECWolf literally won't even launch. It is looking for maphead.CO7, which seems confusing because Corridor 7 doesn't have such a file. Why should it expect it?

The Body Count Shareware Demo however also has the file extension of *.CO7 creating confusion, and it does have a maphead.CO7 file. I'm assuming eventually ECWolf will need a way to differentiate between Body Count Demo files and Corridor 7 game files.
Blzut3
Developer
Developer

Re: *.CO7 files

Post by Blzut3 »

I believe not having a maphead means that the data for the maphead is embedded into the exe. I'll probably try using heuristics to locate the maps without the header file, and my second choice would probably be to provide that data in ecwolf.pk3. No solid plan, but this isn't a hard problem to solve.

I don't yet have a plan for the OBC demo, but I'll figure out something when I get to that bridge. This is a harder problem, but it is solvable.
filipetolhuizen

Post by filipetolhuizen »

I still hope one day Les Bird finds the source code...
MartinVole

Post by MartinVole »

Found this and decided to sign up to chime in. I can confirm that it is embedded into the exe, and I've been able to extract it in a readable state. In the exe, in hex, it starts with "cd ab 08" and ends in "fe 7e 04 00." However, if it is allowed, I can just provide it.
Blzut3
Developer
Developer

Post by Blzut3 »

I don't think there's any issue with uploading the maphead since it doesn't contain any of the maps just instructions on how to load them. That said I can't imagine it being much use to anyone that can't extract themselves with those addresses.
MartinVole

Post by MartinVole »

Alright, fair enough, so here it is. Hope it works right.
Attachments
MAPHEAD.7z
maphead.CO7
(308 Bytes) Downloaded 121 times

Return to “ECWolf”