Raspberry Pi build

Advanced Wolfenstein 3D source port based upon Wolf4SDL and ZDoom.
[Home] [Download] [HG builds (Win)] [HG builds (Mac)] [Wiki] [Repo]

Moderator: Blzut3

lorecast162

Re: Raspberry Pi build

Post by lorecast162 »

Well, sorry for bumping my old post but Im still having problems with compiling
Im trying to do this on my Pi zero this time, but when I do the make for the SDL_mixer it throws stuff about Opus x86 cpu stuff.
I did install all the dependencies listed before, including all opus things.
This is a screenshot of the compile from my laptop via SSH
lorecast162

Post by lorecast162 »

btw is there a "default dir" for ecwolf.pk3? I dont want to change directory everytime since I did sudo make install
Blzut3
Developer
Developer

Post by Blzut3 »

If you do a make install then it should find ecwolf.pk3 automatically since the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX is baked into the binary.

As for the error, in external/CMakeLists.txt look for the lines that set OPUS_ARCH_SOURCES and set the variable to an empty string. It's trying to compile the x86 sources on ARM which obviously won't work. I don't have a proper solution on hand, but making that change should work for you.

Edit:
Also worth noting that the latest ECWolf development version can compile SDL_mixer automatically for you. Set INTERNAL_SDL_MIXER to ON in CMake.

You also have another option for fixing the opus error and that's to install opus, opusfile, flac, vorbis, ogg, and modplug development libraries. If it can find all of the codecs on your system it should automatically skip building them.
lorecast162

Post by lorecast162 »

as for the make install, I tried it yesterday and it didn't work, but I got around it by just making a little menu and different games into different folders and just run one exec or another with different configs, as of the INTERNAL_SDL_MIXER, does it mean I dont need to make it separately? to do that do I have to add the -INTERNAL_SDL_MIXER=ON option in commandline while running cmake?
Blzut3
Developer
Developer

Post by Blzut3 »

lorecast162 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 14:54 as for the make install, I tried it yesterday and it didn't work,
Definitely works for me. Can you install strace and then do from your home directory (or any directory which isn't your build directory)?

Code: Select all

strace /usr/local/games/ecwolf &> log.txt
Send me log.txt. (Of course change the full path if you specified a different location to CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX.)

Also send me a log for make install.
lorecast162 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 14:54 INTERNAL_SDL_MIXER, does it mean I dont need to make it separately? to do that do I have to add the -INTERNAL_SDL_MIXER=ON option in commandline while running cmake?
-DINTERNAL_SDL_MIXER=ON but otherwise correct. Just note that this won't avoid the issue you were having just avoid the need to compile it separately. To avoid the issue do one of the two things that my previous post suggests.

Return to “ECWolf”