Out With The Old .....

Moderators: Rex Claussen, Persecution Complex Team - Paranoid, Phobos Directive Team

Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Out With The Old .....

Post by Rex Claussen »

As 2013 draws to a close, let me take this opportunity to wish the two of you much happiness, good health, and success (whatever your definition of "success" may be) for the New Year.

In the past month I have made significant headway in the gaming aspect of my life. To wit:

1. I have completed all mapping and virtually all the puzzles and gameplay for Map06 of Rampage-M. I am tweaking (not to be mistaken for twerking, heh) the gameplay, and adding rock slides. CodeImp has created a new heightmapping tool and texture brushing tool that will allow the creation of natural-looking landscapes.

2. I have completed most mapping for Map 15 of Temple of the Ancients: Redux. It is named "Under the Shadows of StarFrost", and is a vast, snowy landscape with a massive cathedral at its center. I have completed about half the cathedral, and once the other half is done, the mapping will be virtually complete. With Enjay's help, I have also added several new models that will greatly enhance the look and feel of the game. Plus, I'm using Jon Washburn's cool WeatherFX code to create snowfall in the map that will not cause the map to lag. Then it will be on to Map 16, "In the Castle of the Winter Moon", another snowy map but with less terrain.

It also occurred to me that 2013 will be the first year since I started creating maps & mods for DooM that I haven't publicly released a map. Well, I can promise you that 2014 will more than make up for it. Slainte!

Return to “News”