News Digest

Moderators: Rex Claussen, Persecution Complex Team - Paranoid, Phobos Directive Team

Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

News Digest

Post by Rex Claussen »

After months of absence, I am finally ready to make a report on Paranoiac. Here is what the overall game looks like:
  • 1. Paranoiac now has 2 hubs. The first is set on Earth, and the second on Xen.
    2. The Earth hub begins with the protagonist (your character, Rolf Bellmer) escaping from the Black Mesa complex in a helicopter. Naturally, things go wrong, and you have to continue your rip-and-tear tactics through Black Mesa.
    3. Along the way, you may discover the secret map.
    4. When you're done on Earth, you port to the Xen hub.
    5. There are 9 Earth maps. Mapping on all but 1 of the maps is 100% complete; the remaining map is 90% complete.
    6. There are 3 Xen maps. Mapping on one map is 100% complete, one map is 50% complete, one map is 0% complete.
    7. There are 2 maps outside the hubs, to which you'll need to warp directly. These feature HL-weapons & environments but DooM enemies. Mapping on one of the maps is 100% complete, the other is 0% complete.
    8. There is a TITLEMAP, which is complete.
Here is the new stuff that the game has:
  • 1. Crossbow
    2. Floating & revolving islands on 2 of the Xen maps
    3. Models of rocks to make the landscape more natural-looking
    4. Other models
    5. Lots of new music
Here is the new stuff that the game will have (and already developed, but need to be incorporated into the game package):
  • 1. At least 2 new enemies
    2. Two new bosses
Here is the new stuff that the game will have (and partially developed):
  • 1. Hive Hand weapon
    2. Gluon Gun weapon
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Re: News Digest

Post by Rachael »

Very nice! I can't wait :)
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Re: News Digest

Post by Rex Claussen »

Edited my original post to include the new music by Jeff Ligda and the TITLEMAP.

I'm sure I'll think of something else that I've forgotten. Heh.

Return to “News”