Hypochondriac ....

Moderators: Rex Claussen, Persecution Complex Team - Paranoid, Phobos Directive Team

Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Hypochondriac ....

Post by Rex Claussen »

..... Ah, heck! With the onset of old age, my "vocabulary memory" appears to be slipping. I wanted to provide an update on one of the GZDooM projects with which I'm involved, and just can't remember the name. I know it ends with "iac", but can't pinpoint it. I know it's not "Braniac" (who, surprisingly enough, I remember is one of Superman's nemeses). I know it's not "Ciliac", which is a gastro-intestinal disease. In the absence of the correct name, I settled on "Hypochondriac".

Awright, quit yer snickering in the peanut gallery! I ain't senile. Yet. But I suppose you're not here for the shtick. So here's an update:
  • 1. All mapping on the Earth hub is complete. However, I have run into some problems with the scripting on Map 16.
    2. I started on the second of the super-secret maps. It is a massive space station, and I built the core area and introduced some new textures. Unfortunately, the map takes forever to load with the new textures, and I can't figure out a fix.
    3. Jeff Ligda has created an excellent & haunting piece of music for the Xen maps.
    4. Nothing new to report for weapons. I have been trying to get DBT to complete work on the Gluon Gun, but he has gone AWOL. No one else has stepped forward to complete the coding.
    5. We've asked Kappes Buur to join our team as a play-tester & GZDooM trouble-shooter. We're hoping he says yes.
There you have it. [Too lazy to take screenshots, but will do it soon.]
Gez
Developer
Developer

Re: Hypochondriac ....

Post by Gez »

Rex Claussen wrote:..... Ah, heck! With the onset of old age, my "vocabulary memory" appears to be slipping. I wanted to provide an update on one of the GZDooM projects with which I'm involved, and just can't remember the name. I know it ends with "iac", but can't pinpoint it. I know it's not "Braniac" (who, surprisingly enough, I remember is one of Superman's nemeses). I know it's not "Ciliac", which is a gastro-intestinal disease. In the absence of the correct name, I settled on "Hypochondriac".
"Amnesiac", maybe? :P
Spoiler:
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Re: Hypochondriac ....

Post by Rex Claussen »

Gez wrote: "Amnesiac", maybe? :P
Spoiler:
Touché, Gez, touché!

Amnesiac, probably, perfectly defines my current state of mind. Plus, a clear gap between my mind and my fingers on the keyboard.

Return to “News”