By the Pricking of My Thumbs ......

Moderators: Rex Claussen, Persecution Complex Team - Paranoid, Phobos Directive Team

Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

By the Pricking of My Thumbs ......

Post by Rex Claussen »

Wicked_0 (By the Pricking of My Thumbs) is the latest in my "Wicked" series of maps, each of which is intended to be fully compatible with vanilla and chocolate DooM and uses no custom resources. It consists of 11 maps. All development aspects (mapping, gameplay, alpha-testing) of the game are complete. I have asked Ed the Bat to implement multi-player gameplay into the game, but his real-life schedule may not allow him to get to it soon. I will also ask people to beta-test the game, and then release it. My alpha testing of the game suggests that there may be a bit too much ammo in each map, and health may be a bit tight. Of course, knowing how each map is supposed to play out, allows me to conserve ammo and use the right kind of ammo. Let's see what the beta-testers say.

The levels are intended to be an homage to the original 10 maps of DooM2. I have used comparable texturing, some of the geometry resembles that of the originals, and the enemy types are consistent. However, the map design of each map is completely different from the originals, the progression is different, and the gameplay (particularly traps, etc.) varies significantly. It's as if UAC's competitors stole incomplete parts of UAC's plans, and built their own bases on the other side of the planet. Silly rabbit. DooM is not for amateurs.

Return to “News”