Second Encounter - Conversion to ECWolf

For released projects. Completed or in progress as long as something is playable.
AstroCreep

Second Encounter - Conversion to ECWolf

Post by AstroCreep »

This is a conversion of Second Encounter to ECWolf. I used the Macenstein levels as a base and then made a bunch of edits, as it was created with tons of custom items. This is NOT a conversion of Macenstein - these are only the levels and the code for the bosses and weapons. I have never ever seen the actual 2nd encounter levels backported to the original wolf, with the exception of Macenstein, which makes it play exactly like the Mac version. In my opinion, the versions with front facing sprites are a completely different game, its more of a run-and-gun 3d maze shooter. It completely lacks the stealth element. So I ported the levels over to ECWolf. I have also made a hi-res version using my mac walls weapons and items pack.

Features:

All 30 of the levels from the Mac Family Wolf3D (SNES, Mac, 3DO, Jaguar)
Both the rocket launcher and the flame thrower (low res sprites from SNES version, hi-res sprites from Mac version)
All extra bosses ported over from Spear of Destiny (However, since I was too lazy to write a new xlat, their monster id's overwrite gretel, otto and fatface)
Extra music from Spear of Destiny
Ham

Differences from original:
No backpack. Sorry, I'm new to decorate and I just couldn't figure it out.
Item placement is slightly different, as I had to guess for rocket launchers and flame throwers
Spoiler: Sources
Spoiler: Screenshots - LowRes
Spoiler: Screenshots - HiRes
DOWNLOADS

LowRes - http://www.mediafire.com/download/8aw98 ... nd_enc.pk3
HiRes - http://www.mediafire.com/download/tjy25 ... chires.pk3
Last edited by AstroCreep on Fri May 29, 2015 3:59, edited 1 time in total.
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Re: Second Encounter - Conversion to ECWolf

Post by Enjay »

Played the first 5 maps or so of the hi-res version so far. Looking good. Thanks for doing this. :)
AstroCreep

Post by AstroCreep »

Np, this is something that I wanted to see done for years and it became apparent it wasn't going to happen unless I did it lol. I've always wanted to play these maps in just plain old Wolfenstein 3D
AstroCreep

Post by AstroCreep »

UPDATE - fixed names in decorate for compatibility with dev release and future releases. Old version will not work at all. Please re-download
AstroCreep

Post by AstroCreep »

UPDATE - Fixed bug in mapinfo for both versions. Please redownload.
QuakedoomNukem Cz

Post by QuakedoomNukem Cz »

I'm not sure why i love this more than original, but if you need help how add a backpack in this: try this: http://www.brlowe.co.uk/backpack.htm
Gez
Developer
Developer

Post by Gez »

These instructions are for adding a backpack in the engine by changing the source code of the original Wolfenstein 3D. It doesn't apply for ECWolf -- indeed the main point of ECWolf is that it has advanced modding features allowing to change things in the game without having to edit the source code.
mattbratt11

Post by mattbratt11 »

Would you be willing to convert Third Encounter Maps as well?
Notice the differences in maps between Third Encounter and the PC Version?
I say the Aardwolf Maze is a whole lot different.
If the Third Encounter conversion to ECWolf is released, all your favorite die-hard wolf fans would appreciate it.
Thanks!
"The Icon of Sin is just the Epic Beginning, bring out the many Icon of Sin Variants!" --Legendary Icon of Sin (A Complex LCA Custom Monster by mattbratt11)

The Legendary Icon of Sin
Coming Soon to CDM Nexus.
AstroCreep

Post by AstroCreep »

Negative. The differences in maps aren't enough for me to want to port them. If you really must, you could port the maps from Macenstein. In any case, I was pretty much done with this once Executor made a superior version.

Return to “Releases”