CeeJay's hi-res/enhancement patch (v.8)

For released projects. Completed or in progress as long as something is playable.
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Re: CeeJay's hi-res/enhancement patch (v.8)

Post by Enjay »

Further to the above, I think that I was trying to establish was actually prompted by messages that I'd seen in GZDoom with some mods. e.g.

Code: Select all

Script warning, "decorate.txt:DECORATE" line 1:
Tried to define class 'Zombieman' more than once. Renaming class to 'Zombieman@decorate.txt@DECORATE'
That gets generated when a mod defines an actor called "Zombieman" in DECORATE and it clashes with the existing actor. So, what I was asking about was what would happen if a mod had DECORATE like this:

ACTOR Zombieman : Shotgunguy
{}

ACTOR Zombieman@decorate.txt@DECORATE : Chaingunguy
{}
unlikely I know but the answer is:

Script warning, "decorate.txt:DECORATE" line 1:
Tried to define class 'Zombieman' more than once. Renaming class to 'Zombieman@decorate.txt@DECORATE'
Script warning, "decorate.txt:DECORATE" line 4:
Tried to define class 'Zombieman@decorate.txt@DECORATE' more than once. Renaming class to 'Zombieman@decorate.txt@DECORATE@decorate.txt@DECORATE'
But that is GZDoom and this is ECWolf, but it was the post here that retriggered a question that I'd had bubbling away in the back of my head for some time but had basically forgotten about.

Anyway, sorry for the distraction, back to actual ECWolf stuff and CeeJay's hi-res/enhancement patch... :bfg:

Apologies for the huge image but, in this case, that's kind of the point. [Thank goodness that Rachael installed that cool mod for shrinking pictures]

Blzut3
Developer
Developer

Post by Blzut3 »

Yeah ECWolf's implementation of DECORATE is from scratch and doesn't have the renaming code. IIRC ZDoom didn't have it at the time I started either. (Zandronum did and of course many people there used it as a feature instead of a compatibility crutch. Yay no need to think up a unique name! :P) If it will ever get depends, but since the 1.x series of ECWolf doesn't promise backwards compatibility it's not exactly needed.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

I'll add an "replaces [weapon here]" in DECORATE then. I see no need to add support for this issue in this particular mod if the problem is with the mod itself. I'll just correct it and re-upload.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Changed deocrate line: "actor NewMachineGun : WolfWeapon 60" to "actor NewMachineGun : WolfWeapon 60 replaces MachineGun" and the game game booted me back to Windows with an error message ("An error has occured", very informative).

EDIT: Nevermind, found the problem. Guess I'm a little rusty.

Any other changes people would like to see in upcoming version?

Return to “Releases”