CeeJay's hi-res/enhancement patch (v.8)

For released projects. Completed or in progress as long as something is playable.
CeeJay

CeeJay's hi-res/enhancement patch (v.8)

Post by CeeJay »

A more or less definitive hi-res patch replacing every wall, enemy, item and weapon with HD counterparts along with assorted sound effects from the Atari Jaguar, Macintosh and Apple IIGS ports of the game.

Screenshots:
Spoiler:
Download (version 8 ):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/3j3o4ni7o ... hdpack.pk3

Jaguar port weapon patch:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/u1sqdba1d ... jaguar.pk3

Macintosh port weapon patch:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/2y43nje1b ... intosh.pk3

Music:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/lcuc5 ... nStewX.pk3 Re-mastered Wolf3D and Spear music by BrainStewX
http://www.mediafire.com/download/j9f8z ... utilus.pk3 Nautilus' Wolf3D soundtrack, now lossless (lossless FLAC)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/svg5g ... us_3DO.pk3 3DO port soundtrack for Wolfenstein 3D/Spear of Destiny (lossless FLAC)
Due to its limited amount and low quality I will not be supplying the Macintosh soundtrack

CREDITS:
id Software
Macplay/Interplay
Logicware
Ninjaforce Entertainment
Gray Matter Interactive
Laz Rojas
DoomJedi
Captain J.
Flynn Taggart
osjclatchford
S.D.A. Team
Fox666
DenisBelmondo
Ringman
Pallin
LkMax
Last edited by CeeJay on Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:19, edited 18 times in total.
AstroCreep

Re: CeeJay's hi-res/enhancement patch

Post by AstroCreep »

Very nice. Did you make any of these yourself? Some of them I don't recognize.

EDIT - All the sprites you're missing seem to be in the Wolfers for Wolfers download on Wolf3D Dome.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

If you are referring to the wall/sprites then no, not really. A lot, and I do mean a lot, of them have been edited by myself though. It's a collection of stuff I've gathered over the years.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Re-recorded/remastered music by Nautilus (Re-Wolfenstein 3D) and BrainStewX: (removed, see first post)
NeuralStunner

Re: CeeJay's hi-res/enhancement patch (new version)

Post by NeuralStunner »

I'm guessing you don't have a good way to get enemy sprites that aren't only front-facing.

Also, that HUD face is a lot nicer than the vanilla DOS one, without looking too different from the rest of the DOS art.
Dean Koontz wrote:Human beings can always be relied upon to exert, with vigor, their God-given right to be stupid.
Spoiler: System Specs
PSTrooper

Post by PSTrooper »

NeuralStunner wrote:I'm guessing you don't have a good way to get enemy sprites that aren't only front-facing.
Those may have to be made from scratch. I was going to work on some myself, but my good screen stopped working. I'll tell you how they could be made though:

-using the rotations from the pc version as a base and resizing them a bit to the mac version actor's height
-fill it in with pieces of the mac version's sprite until it looks like a rotation
-do that several times until they're all done
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Next release will feature a ton of new and improved wall textures. They have also been changed to their original ECWolf names, no more WALL####. Makes things a lot easier and probably increases compatibility.

However, I am currently unable to start ECWolf (damn Vista) so it might get released blindly. Stay tuned.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Done, new version up!
uVSthem

Post by uVSthem »

Noob question here. How do I actually install these patches so I can use them in ECWolf?
Gez
Developer
Developer

Post by Gez »

The simplest method is probably to put them in the same folder as ECWolf and then start the game by drag-and-dropping them onto the ECWolf executable.

Otherwise, all the methods explained here probably apply, just replace "ZDoom" with "ECWolf".
uVSthem

Post by uVSthem »

Thanks, these packs are awesome. If only now I could at the 3DO version soundtrack to the mix.
AstroCreep

Post by AstroCreep »

If you have the audio files it's not all that hard. All you have to do is rename each respective file to its lump name (such as GETTHEM.*** or XEVIL.***) and then slap em into a .pk3 or .wad file. Only restriction is that it must be an audio format that is supported by ECWolf. Refer to ***MAP. txt in ecwolf.pk3 for the lump names.
LkMax

Post by LkMax »

Thank you very much CeeJay, this pack makes the game look so much better!
It's just a bit weird that the enemies look a bit stretched up compared to the original, is there a way to fix it?
uVSthem wrote:Noob question here. How do I actually install these patches so I can use them in ECWolf?
To avoid having to drag and drop all the time, create a shortcut of ecwolf and edit the target adding one of the floowing lines:

For the Macintosh sprites: -file ECWolf_hdpack.pk3 -file ECWolf_hdweap_macintosh.pk3
OR for the Jaguar sprites: -file ECWolf_hdpack.pk3 -file ECWolf_hdweap_jaguar.pk3

For example, mine looks like this:
"D:\Games\Wolfenstein 3D\ecwolf.exe" -file ECWolf_hdpack.pk3 -file ECWolf_hdweap_macintosh.pk3

I was surprised ecwolf shares some commands with zdoom, I tried it blindly and it worked! Nice idea there from the creator (Blzut3 I think?).
LkMax

Post by LkMax »

Sorry for the double post but could you separate the enemies from the textures in two different files? I just found out that you can't take the enemies by surprise because there's no sprite rotation and they are always looking in the player direction. (I figure it's way more work to do the sprite rotations from the ground up than to simply remove them altogether, and I prefer to not have them instead of changing gameplay this way).
I just need to delete decorate.txt?
edit 1: nope, didn't work.
Edit 2: Found a temporary workaround by removing these specific actors and their sprites.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

New version is coming, which will feature enemy rotations and tons of new and improved sprites along with a Mac-inspired HD status bar by DenisBelmondo.

Return to “Releases”