NOAHPAK - 1 LEVEL DEMO NOW OUT!!!!!! (Whiskey Hunt)

For released projects. Completed or in progress as long as something is playable.
AstroCreep

NOAHPAK - 1 LEVEL DEMO NOW OUT!!!!!! (Whiskey Hunt)

Post by AstroCreep »

This is a 1 level demo for Noahpak - The Invasion! (It may be 1 level, but it's pretty decent sized - 100x100). This serves as sort of a prequel. You (Noah) have just finished building your house, and find that Melvin the Monkey has stolen your whiskey! To make matters worse, he has amassed a small army of animals to stop you! Can you defeat Melvin's followers and get your Jack back?

This does not have all the features the full version will. Gotta wait for the whole thing for the aliens and laser guns ;)
[UPDATE 7/14/15 - recolor of hedge and tree graphics]

Requires Super 3D Noah's Ark and ECWolf 1.3.1

DOWNLOAD - https://www.mediafire.com/?4cegvlmxaumb5ak

Brought to you by Bloboid Image

Wolfenstein 3D By iD Software
Super 3D Noah's Ark by Wisdom Tree
ECWolf by Braden "Blzut3" Obrzut
NOAHPAK by Sam Feichter (AstroCreep)
Last edited by AstroCreep on Tue Jul 14, 2015 17:47, edited 1 time in total.
Blzut3
Developer
Developer

Re: NOAHPAK - 1 LEVEL DEMO NOW OUT!!!!!! (Whiskey Hunt)

Post by Blzut3 »

Played through it, the tall trees made me cringe. I should think about finding ways to add better support for tall sprites, although eventually the ray caster needs to stop. :P Slaughter style maps are not my cup of tea, but it was fun to play a Noah mod.

Posted instructions on how to run it on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/app/371180/di ... 197522899/
AstroCreep

Post by AstroCreep »

Yeah, unfortunately, due to that clipping, the trees look like shit lol. Unavoidable if you want tall trees. And I promise the rest of the mod is going to have a bit more variety - it's hard to come up with very many places for noah to go without the aliens, seeing as he's supposed to be alone on Earth lol. Also raises the question of where he got Jack Daniels and weed lol.

Thanks much though bro I appreciate the feedback. I am seriously regretting not saving a master copy of that "Party Melvin" sprite for my avatar though. Oh well....
Blzut3
Developer
Developer

Post by Blzut3 »

So this got me thinking about how sprite clipping works in the engine, and I think it might not be as hard to fix as I thought. Can you do me a favor and send me a test map with just a player start and one of those trees placed behind a wall (make the wall 3 tiles wide 1 tile deep, tree a tile or two away. Basically I need to be able to partially obscure and completely obscure it during testing)?
AstroCreep

Post by AstroCreep »

Here ya go. Load after Whiskey Hunt.
Attachments
TREETEST.pk3
TREE TEST TAKE 1
(4.26 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
Blzut3
Developer
Developer

Post by Blzut3 »

http://maniacsvault.net/loosefiles/WSHOT010.PNG

Might end up having to wait though. Calculating where the wall starts drawing turns out to not be quite as simple as I wanted it to be, but we'll see. I also need to adjust how visible sprites are determined to take into account their height and radius.
AstroCreep

Post by AstroCreep »

Still looks better than it did

Return to “Releases”