How-To: Compile on Linux

Truecolor ZDoom with extra features and some unofficial/beta GZDoom features.
[Home] [Download] [Git builds (Win)] [Git builds (Mac)] [Libs (Win)] [Repo] [Bugs&Suggestions]

Moderators: Rachael, dpJudas

Rachael
Developer
Developer

How-To: Compile on Linux

Post by Rachael »

To compile QZDoom for Linux, follow the same instructions as for Compiling GZDoom on Linux, with the exception of the following changes:

QZDoom obviously uses a different repo. Whereever github.com is mentioned for GZDoom, use this repo instead:

Code: Select all

https://github.com/raa-eruanna/qzdoom
QZDoom also has more dependencies. When asked to install dependencies for your distro, the following are also needed:

sudo apt-get -y install llvm-3.8-dev libclang-3.8-dev
... obviously, changing apt-get to your distro's package manager command.

CMake may not be able to find your installed LLVM version. If this happens, execute the following commands (known to work in Ubuntu, may work in others):

sudo mkdir -p /usr/lib/llvm-3.8/share/llvm
sudo ln -s /usr/share/llvm-3.8/cmake /usr/lib/llvm-3.8/share/llvm/cmake
sudo sed -i -e '/get_filename_component(LLVM_INSTALL_PREFIX/ {s|^|#|}' -e '/^# Compute the installation prefix/i set(LLVM_INSTALL_PREFIX "/usr/lib/llvm-3.8")' /usr/lib/llvm-3.8/share/llvm/cmake/LLVMConfig.cmake
sudo sed -i '/_IMPORT_CHECK_TARGETS Polly/ {s|^|#|}' /usr/lib/llvm-3.8/share/llvm/cmake/LLVMExports-relwithdebinfo.cmake
sudo sed -i '/_IMPORT_CHECK_TARGETS sancov/ {s|^|#|}' /usr/lib/llvm-3.8/share/llvm/cmake/LLVMExports-relwithdebinfo.cmake
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libLLVM-3.8.so.1 /usr/lib/llvm-3.8/lib/
That's it! If there are any problems, feel free to ask for help here.

Also - the first release version (q0.1) will not work on Linux. A commit fixes that. Please use the following command if you wish to compile QZDoom 0.1 on Linux:

git checkout 68efdf5cefcbad4588b59a143f6746ec54b18341 .

Return to “QZDoom”