QZDoom - Version 1.2.2 released!

Post by Rachael »

Following GZDoom's point release.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Re: QZDoom - Version 1.2.2 released!

Post by Rachael »

You will not believe how many pixels had to be brutally murdered to bring you this release. I am sorry pixels - you will be remembered.
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

Thank you very much. :)
Eruanna wrote:You will not believe how many pixels had to be brutally murdered to bring you this release. I am sorry pixels - you will be remembered.
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
Nash
Developer
Developer

Post by Nash »

Eruanna wrote:You will not believe how many pixels had to be brutally murdered to bring you this release. I am sorry pixels - you will be remembered.
What does this comment mean? :O
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

I had to destroy and rebuild my building environment several times to get it to build correctly. The version number kept appearing wrong.

In the process I managed to mangle it up even further, causing even further issues. This was among people hounding me with requests and issues about the tracker on ZDoom.org, while another person was complaining that their Firefox broke and asking when I would get around to fixing it.
Nash
Developer
Developer

Post by Nash »

I'm sorry to hear that! I can imagine the last few days have been HECTIC for you and the rest of the team. When the dust settles down, you really should consider taking a break. It's okay, we'll wait. :D

Also, while we're on the topic - it seems that dynamic lights do not work in the TC renderer. I want to make sure that it's truly a bug and not just me being/doing something stupid. Should I create a bug report, or do lights work on the TC renderer for you and I'm doing something wrong?
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

Do they work in the devbuilds?

The codebase for the releases and the devbuilds are different. The release uses a much older software rendering codebase (from around 25-Dec) with a few fixes and optimizations and then GZDoom just gets merged in with that.

Also - softpoly and dynlights are console-walled in the release builds. I originally had them disabled completely, so that they could not be enabled whatsoever, but decided to allow a user to at least toggle them with keybinds or using the console. That code is 100% unsupported in release builds, though, and it is considered unofficial.
_mental_
Developer
Developer

Post by _mental_ »

macOS version is available as well.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

Thank you, _mental_. :)