Gzdoom 2.2.0 speed regression

Something not working in GZDoom that's not a bug? Is the display a bit quirky and unexpected? Post here.

Moderator: Graf Zahl

blueinferno776

Re: Gzdoom 2.2.0 speed regression

Post by blueinferno776 »

With all three I used 8x multisample, texture scalex4. The difference was not too bad on the 2.2.0 it studders on and off but unlike version 2.1.1 no lag at all, ran smooth every where.

But the gzdoom-x64-g2.3pre-252-gf0ee3e3 was god awful.
Attachments
Benchmarks.zip
Version Test
(1.77 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Ok, I think I have an idea what might be at fault here. Actually, this looks like (yet another) broken implementation on AMD's driver that got triggered by a change I made to fix a similar problem on my own system (I got some stalls when portals and camera textures were present in the same scene.)
blueinferno776

Post by blueinferno776 »

I like what you did to the dynamic lighting, looks a lot better and natural .

I will try out the next builds to test them out when there ready, amd certainty has history with opengl dont they? :)
blueinferno776

Post by blueinferno776 »

At least this version runs well enough to use, a tad slower than the previous version. The dev builds are giving me a lot of trouble with bad screen studders and jerking still. This is a first with gzdoom, I never had problems since 2012 with this port.

I think its best to retire this thread since the dev builds are now the problem.

Return to “Technical Support”