black screen and graphic issues in gzdoom 2.2.0

Something not working in GZDoom that's not a bug? Is the display a bit quirky and unexpected? Post here.

Moderator: Graf Zahl

renkoha

black screen and graphic issues in gzdoom 2.2.0

Post by renkoha »

hi everyone i'm using gzdoom 2.2.0 with wtfi.exe patch found in the forum and i have some graphic issues when playing vanilla brutal doom and mods for it,

1) all default crosshairs above number 7 create a green opaque rectangle that reduce vision around the area crosshair is

2) when using project brutality with project brutality overhaul a new powerup called carnage sphere is added which effect is turn screen red and giving you full armor double damage and god mode for a short period of time, when i was using 1.9.1 there was no trouble with this or any other stuff but with 2.2.0 screen turn totally black when you get this thing

3) when using an addon from moddb called fog effects certain surfaces turn totally black when aiming at them or if they have objects near to it and sometimes i can't figure the cause out, again this didn't happened in 1.9.1 at all

after checking open gl options i notice that 2.2.0 had one option removed from open gl menu, i guess that's part of this version changes but i'd like to ask if that's how is supposed to be or if 2.2.0 should have the exact same options as 1.9.1

as for system specs i got this

processor intel i5 540m 2.66 1st gen
ram 6gb
os windows 10 32 bits
intel hd graphics card 1gb
_mental_
Developer
Developer

Re: black screen and graphic issues in gzdoom 2.2.0

Post by _mental_ »

None of developers has the given hardware so I can only suggest to experiment with versions of graphics drivers.
Are you sure that you have the latest by the way?

Using -glversion 2 command line switch you can enable compatibility mode that "emulates" GZDoom 1.x rendering as close as possible.
renkoha

Post by renkoha »

thanks for replying well i haven't tried that one so i'll give it a shot, but i'll also need some help on how to do it, i mean do i launch the gme and type that into game console or do i need to create modify some config file?
_mental_
Developer
Developer

Post by _mental_ »

You need to add this to command line. Right click on gzdoom.exe in Explorer and choose Create shortcut. Select created shortcut, right click and choose Properties. Add space and -glversion 2 after executable name in Target field. Click OK and run GZDoom using the shortcut.
renkoha

Post by renkoha »

i just tried what you mentioned but no result, i still have the issues, although i'm interested in getting 2.2.0 runnig ok because i don't wan't to be unable to play because of outdated gzdoom version, i'll keep using 1.9.1 for the time being until i must necessarily move to 2.x but if you have another ideas let me know them

Return to “Technical Support”