GZDoom Multiplayer?

General discussion about DRD & website stuff.
Janitor
Persecution Complex

GZDoom Multiplayer?

Post by Janitor »

a few questions

(1) how does one set up a GZDoom Co-op LAN game?
(2) can custom wads be played with GZDoom multiplayer?
(3) how does one set up a GZDoom co-op game over the internet?
(4) Does DECORATE work in multiplayer?
(5) is there a way to set up a GZDoom dedicated server?

Do not refer me to Skulltag. I do not like skulltag.
links, tips, command line args, etc. would help a lot
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

1. That's actually pretty straightforward, if you're familiar with the command line. The host just needs to add -HOST to his command line, with a number indicating the total number of players that will be in the game:

Code: Select all

gzdoom.exe -HOST 2
while the people joining need to use -JOIN and then either the host's IP address or the name of their computer:

gzdoom.exe -JOIN 192.168.1.5
-- or --
gzdoom.exe -JOIN BOBSCOMPY
Alternatively, use ZDL (find it HERE) and have the host select "Multi Co-Op" or "Multi Deathmatch" and the number of players, and the other players select Multi and for the number of players just specify "Joining".

2. Of course! Just add the -FILE switch to the command line and specify which WAD file to use. ZDL of course makes that easier.

3. The same way as you would over a LAN - just make sure the host gives you his/her IP address. It's easy to check that at http://www.whatismyip.com.

4. It works perfectly in multiplayer! I've had numerous successful games using complicated weapon mods like WWHC-Diaz and even total conversions.

5. Unfortunately, I don't believe there is a dedicated server for GZDoom, and it would be difficult to make one, considering that all players must join at the same time due to the way GZDoom works. Sorry, there isn't any in-game joining.
ChupaReaper

Post by ChupaReaper »

Perhaps support for in game joining could be a good gzdoom feature request? And I have problems with LAN games, would using the internet instead of LAN be any better?
sykesccorp

Post by sykesccorp »

you could use zdl it works for both zdoom and gzdoom
Pedro ms G

Re:

Post by Pedro ms G »

wildweasel wrote: Sun Mar 02, 2008 22:43 1. That's actually pretty straightforward, if you're familiar with the command line. The host just needs to add -HOST to his command line, with a number indicating the total number of players that will be in the game:

gzdoom.exe -HOST 2
while the people joining need to use -JOIN and then either the host's IP address or the name of their computer:

gzdoom.exe -JOIN 192.168.1.5
-- or --
gzdoom.exe -JOIN BOBSCOMPY
Alternatively, use ZDL (find it HERE) and have the host select "Multi Co-Op" or "Multi Deathmatch" and the number of players, and the other players select Multi and for the number of players just specify "Joining".

2. Of course! Just add the -FILE switch to the command line and specify which WAD file to use. ZDL of course makes that easier.

3. The same way as you would over a LAN - just make sure the host gives you his/her IP address. It's easy to check that at http://www.whatismyip.com.

4. It works perfectly in multiplayer! I've had numerous successful games using complicated weapon mods like WWHC-Diaz and even total conversions.

5. Unfortunately, I don't believe there is a dedicated server for GZDoom, and it would be difficult to make one, considering that all players must join at the same time due to the way GZDoom works. Sorry, there isn't any in-game joining.
when i use -HOST 2 it starts a deathmatch how do i host a co op game

Return to “General”