Tutorial Section on our Forum?!

General discussion about DRD & website stuff.
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

If I were to start writing wiki articles, they more than likely wouldn't fit into ZDoom's wiki. XWE and Doom Builder tutorials would probably not fit with ZDoom's wiki.
ellmo

Post by ellmo »

wildweasel wrote:If I were to start writing wiki articles, they more than likely wouldn't fit into ZDoom's wiki. XWE and Doom Builder tutorials would probably not fit with ZDoom's wiki.
Thank you Weasel... Good to see someone is using their imagination rather than say what was already said. Is it only me and WW who think that an additional section would definitely not kill nor harm anyone? More - it would only help other people and give GZDoom deserved attention. The it doesn't fit here argument does not exist for me... but I can't fight it.
Paul wrote:Then I agree with Grubber. I'm out of this discussion. Whatever.
Exactly what I expected.
grubber
Site Founder

Post by grubber »

1. Stronghold dev forum is hidden and temporary.
2. I really don't want drdteam.org to be just another Doom-related site and Doom tutorials on general place would make it look like it is.
3. Wiki is definitely a better solution for tutorials than the forum. Plus I can make it so that you can use your forum account in the wiki, so you don't have to register again.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Grubber wrote:2. I really don't want drdteam.org to be just another Doom-related site and Doom tutorials on general place would make it look like it is.
It already is a Doom related site. What exactly are you planning that would pull us away from such a classification?
Paul

Post by Paul »

@Corwin-perhaps it reminds of a "Doom-only" portal right now, because Gzdoom and DA taking up all attention, but mind you Grubber's, mine and Bio's site are certainly not Doom-only related. Plans Grub has for future is to make this place more varied, plus, including stuff for recent games as well (like his planned ut2k4 mods or mine hi-res textures I got here and there)

@Tutorial wanters-I'm sure if some tutorials have been WRITTEN in html first, without first asking for webspace for them and having nothing to show, Grub would reconsider providing space for them. Go write something. End of discussion for now.
Tormentor667
Stronghold Team

Post by Tormentor667 »

Tutorials would be a great thing, honestly, something like this:
http://www.zdoom.org/zdkb/zdoomindex.html
ellmo

Post by ellmo »

@ TORM667
That's exactly what I had on my mind. I'll take my chances on writing tutorials and put them on my site that changes it's purpose consnatly... But right now I'm outta DooM...
Tormentor667
Stronghold Team

Post by Tormentor667 »

Good to hear, as this makes sense

Return to “General”