Post Your Intros Here

General discussion about DRD & website stuff.
BoldEnglishman
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Re: Post Your Intros Here

Post by BoldEnglishman »

Ahoy. I don't really do modding myself but I thoroughly enjoy playing mods from the rest of the community (currently working my way through ReX Claussen's back catalogue, and I forgot what an awesome level the "Military Research Complex" is!)
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Post by Rex Claussen »

BoldEnglishman wrote:Ahoy. I don't really do modding myself but I thoroughly enjoy playing mods from the rest of the community
No formal welcomes necessary, seeing how you've been around the community for a while. Nevertheless, a big shout out to you. [Many thanks for financially bailing out DRDTeam.org, by the way.]
... (currently working my way through ReX Claussen's back catalogue, and I forgot what an awesome level the "Military Research Complex" is!)
Heh.

Heh, heh, heh.

Ahem, forgive me my bout of the tickles. It's just that you reminded me of so many of the early maps in my "back catalogue", of which I was quite proud when they were released, but which I have never gone back and replayed. Kudos to you for your patience.
BoldEnglishman

Post by BoldEnglishman »

Rex Claussen wrote:Many thanks for financially bailing out DRDTeam.org, by the way.
While I contributed there have been several donations made by various people (and a rather large contribution made by AFADoomer), but I appreciate the shout out nevertheless.

Most of your early levels do leave a lot to be desired, but Military Research Complex is just a solid ZDoom level (well, any sourceport that features jumping). I had played it several months ago once before so I already had a vague idea about what had to be done but it still took me the best part of an hour to get 100/100/100, and the progression of the level through the different buildings of the UAC complex actually manages to make the player believe that they are getting further and further to some unknown secret (kind of a cross between City of the Damned: Apocalypse and vanilla Doom), something most vanilla (for the sake of argument) Doom mapsets don't provide. Your attemt at making the locations the player visits believable locations (both in Military Research Complex and "A Hex on You") further enhance the atmosphere - in my opinion.

Perhaps I just like big levels ala the ZDoom community map project.
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Post by Rex Claussen »

BoldEnglishman wrote:Your attemt at making the locations the player visits believable locations (both in Military Research Complex and "A Hex on You") further enhance the atmosphere - in my opinion.
Have you tried Paranoid? Of all my "work", these maps have locations and constructs that are most believable.
BoldEnglishman

Post by BoldEnglishman »

It's on the list ;)
Nero

Post by Nero »

Hey, I'm Nero. I come from the ZDoom forums to now annoy everyone on a different forum!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hopefully my questions aren't totally stupid and my advice not total crap. Thanks for having me!
"It's kinda like being a hamster."
"Oh...got it."
TiberiumSoul

Post by TiberiumSoul »

sup guys my names tiberiumsoul and though im entirely new here im not so new over at the skulltag forums :bfg:
Tragos2d

Hi.

Post by Tragos2d »

I just wanted to introduce myself on this forum. I'm still pretty new to the whole modding community, though I've been messing around with Doom since it first came out. My main project is titled: Aliens vs. Marines which is aiming to re-create the famous Aliens Online by Mythic Entertainment. My latest activities can be viewed here: www.tragos2d.com

I'm really impressed with some of the project's on this site, it seems this is where the elite's hang out? :D
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Re: Hi.

Post by Rachael »

Tragos2d wrote: it seems this is where the elite's hang out? :D
Some people who are here are just good at what they do. This isn't an "elite club" or hangout or what not. There's quite a few in the Doom community who are good mappers, artists, programmers, etc, but are not here because they either don't have any reason to be or just don't want to be here.

This site mostly exists for the projects it hosts. Lately though I've been turning people away for hosting because I just don't have enough disk space on the server for everything everyone wants to do. :(
AlexMax

Post by AlexMax »

you know who i am
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

Hi there!
Revenant

Post by Revenant »

Hello! I am a guy you might know from ST or Doomworld. Just dropping in to say hi since the activation email told me I should probably make a post here.

Anyway my name color should more or less tell you why I'm here :beer:
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

Well whether you're here for a single purpose or to visit, welcome!
I.C.H.I. Znot

Post by I.C.H.I. Znot »

Hi there! Big respect to DRD Team for Gzdoom, the best DooM port i ever seen.
CarpetolA

Post by CarpetolA »

Why hello there, everyone! I'm CarpetolA, as you might know if you saw who made this post :P

GZDoom is a marvelous port with all kinds of nifty features, but sadly I haven't paid any attention to this forum until now.
My main reason for registering was because I wanted to report an annoying bug, but now that I am a member of this
forum I might as well use it to its fullest!

See you later! :)

Return to “General”