Post Your Intros Here

General discussion about DRD & website stuff.
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post Your Intros Here

Post by wildweasel »

So you're new here and you want to tell everyone about it. What to do, right? Why not post a "Hi, I'm new!" thread?

In order to keep things a little less cluttered (and to prevent certain unnamed individuals from yelling at people who make such threads), I've created this Intro Speech Repository Center.

If you're new here, or if you've been here a really long time and just want to tell people about yourself a bit (within reason of course), just drop your intros here.
BioHazard

Post by BioHazard »

Hi, I'm new. No, wait... Iyaa!
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

Hi, I'm Phobus, and I'm an alcoholic...

My wife left me, I've not had a job in weeks and I think I might be dying. Please, if anybody can save me from this hell...

-- -----------

Woah, sorry, wrong forum :P
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

I'm TDA and I'm a university student and I'm moving tomorrow (woo!)
Paul

Post by Paul »

Call me Paul. That's all you need to know.
Phobus wrote:My wife left me, I've not had a job in weeks and I think I might be dying. Please, if anybody can save me from this hell...
bhahahaahahah! :lol:

Post by Alter »

Too late but just call me alter ^_^ that's all
Dutch Devil

Post by Dutch Devil »

Hi I'm new where can I get doom, cuz I would like to make some kewl levels.
Grue

Post by Grue »

Hello everyone, I am Grue. I am a long time lurker in the hallowed corridors of the DRD website.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Welcome, Grue. Please don't eat me =P
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

wildweasel wrote:It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

That brings back memories... ;)
BlazingPhoenix

Post by BlazingPhoenix »

Oshit, it's a Grue! Load your weapons!

Nah, kidding.
MasterOFDeath

Post by MasterOFDeath »

I also just noticed I apparently never posted my introduction, so here is my very, very late introduction.

HI DRD TEAM FORUMZ
Davidos

Well. I have absolutely no idea what I am doing on here.

Post by Davidos »

Hey y'all,

My name is David <W.> and i've been on the forums for a while, yet I haven't made an account till now.

So uh, yeah...

I don't really do much besides travelling. With my... parents <cough>

Anyways, I've seen great modders come and gone and I've decided to drop in and, make a hell of the forums...

...not really...

The only reason I am here is probably because I am willing to learn coding in doom, make doom sprites ETC.

if any of you guys can give me a link to some coding and painting tools <and I don't mean MS PAINT>, i'd gladly appreciate it.

If you need help with something, even if it is crawling from one hell-hole to another for a simple picture for inspiration, just call me. I'll do what I can.

<Note, I haven't learned coding yet and I haven't had much luck with painting, yet I am willing to make something and help you guys.>

p.s. I noticed Wild Weasel was making that new Cold hard cash mod for (G)zdoom, am I right? I'm willing to make some (blatantly ripped) sitting marines, that is, if you can help me to paint. You know, for the bar area? I could even made a sprite for when he's talking <i.e. looks at you *depending on where you stand* and probably make it so the helmet wobbles a bit>. Just call me when you think I'm trust-worthy enough (Oh trust me, I ain't)

))Without this text, the word count of this text is : 248, with 1291 symbols and 21 lines, that'd be about say... 25 introductions.((
Vader
Stronghold Team

Post by Vader »

Well, welcome I guess :)

I don't have any links ready, but try searching for Photoshop for a good graphic program... I think you can use it for free a few weeks and it shouldn't be really hard to find.
As for coding; what exactly do you mean by that?
Do you want to work with the source code of some sort? Then I can't help you, sorry.
If you just want to use ACS scripts and/or DECORATE and similar lumps, you practically don't need any tool other than Notepad, as these are just text files.
You should get XWE though, wich lets you edit/create the above mentioned lumps easier and wad files in general.
Especially if you want to edit for the (G)zdoom port, this program is a must-have!
Get it here:

http://www.doomworld.com/xwe/
download link is at the bottom

There is also a similar program named SlumpEd. Some people prefer this one, as it offers more features and is in general more up to date IIRC.
You should be able to find it on your own, if you like to try it.

Anyway, have a good time here!
Tormentor667
Stronghold Team

Post by Tormentor667 »

Vader wrote:I don't have any links ready, but try searching for Photoshop for a good graphic program... I think you can use it for free a few weeks and it shouldn't be really hard to find.
Or use GIMP, it's free, open source, and almost as powerful as PS ;)

Return to “General”