Post Your Screenshots

General discussion about DRD & website stuff.
KeksDose
Stronghold Team

Post by KeksDose »

Some random ideas I threw together sometime... Trying to work with 'simple forms' (squares, triangles, hexagons, circles, etc.). The result is kinda neat in my opinion.

Or just something I call "WeirdIdeasThingy.WAD":

:P
ChupaReaper

Post by ChupaReaper »

Ok I'm a bit bored now (my GFX Card went and ided so I have no accelerated graphics support!)
So he's a screenshot I made a long time ago (early 2006!) from my project RDoom 2 (I made RDoom 1 in Spain 2005!)
I will remake it with my texture pack one day!

Here's a much newer screenshot from my RDoom 3 project:
There stands the marine and the Kathoga (hell guardian) -prepare to fight!
.+:icytux:+.
Stronghold Team

Post by .+:icytux:+. »

nice shotgun you have there!

where did u get it from??? or did you make it yourself :tongue:
KeksDose
Stronghold Team

Post by KeksDose »

It's the Doom64 SSG, if I recall correctly.
Dutch Devil

Post by Dutch Devil »

An old map which isn't made by me but it is one of those early maps that I've played and has become one of my favourite maps the author is unknown to me the wad didn't came with an textfile the wad name is 11FORTK2.WAD and I got it from my maximum doom cd that comes with "Depths of DooM"

I've given it and small makeover new textures from heretic changed gameplay fix errors and let run fine on DooM95 just for the fun of it :p I've been doing it for my own pleasure its not going to be released since its not my work.
I've searched the archives for this map but couldn't find it I guess its not in there.
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

Started working on a new project. I decided to do a little doom 64ish lighting for one of the maps. Here's the result

Dutch Devil

Re: Post Your Screenshots

Post by Dutch Devil »

This thread needs some attention again. This is an old map that I am updating at the moment, I wasn't happy with the original. I'll probably will finish this map after my vacation in Italy.

Remmirath
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by Remmirath »

Dutch Devil wrote:This thread needs some attention again. This is an old map that I am updating at the moment, I wasn't happy with the original. I'll probably will finish this map after my vacation in Italy.
You coming in Italy? :D

Where are you planning to go?
SoulPriestess wrote:Good job, Morpheus! You are teh awesum!
Dutch Devil

Post by Dutch Devil »

North Italy Dolomites, were staying near lake Caldonazzo. We will probably going to visit lake Garda and Venice as well.
PeskySaurus

Post by PeskySaurus »

I can't compare to you guys in detail and style, but keep in mind two things with my pictures: 1. My campaign is designed to be classic Doom II style, no jumping or crouching or mouse look. If I want to mouse look, I'll play Quake. This is to be played with CTRL firing and the arrows moving. lol 2. I don't use diagonal floors and ceilings for reasons stated above. I am however going to have a custom boss at the end, and I use ACS scripting for a few things (like fog, light color, and level name display.) Anyways, it's a 9 level campaign (Doom 1 style, still using Doom II though. I just refuse to make 30 fucking levels, I'm struggling with 9.)

^^^^^^^^^^^(In this picture, that light is actually moving, {21 - light phased, that thingy}, which obviously you can't tell from the screeny.)^^^^^^^^^^^^

Anyways thanks for uhm ... looking. rofl
Last edited by PeskySaurus on Sun Sep 13, 2009 20:35, edited 1 time in total.
"Maybe one day I can figure it out, till then I just put another cigarette out, pull up a chair, open a brew, sit on the porch, and do what I do..." -Rehab
InsanityBringer

A few old screenshots of Polaris Ice Station
Spoiler: warning, large
really late edit: DRD Team is acting rather silly replacing punctionation
Last edited by InsanityBringer on Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:44, edited 1 time in total.
Cherepoc

Post by Cherepoc »

Just funny screenshot
Ahaha oh wow!
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

InsanityBringer wrote:A few old screenshots of Polaris Ice Station...
Those look very atmospheric. "Nice" and cold. You need to do something about those blocky pixelated stars though.
InsanityBringer

Only problem is though it isn't my texture. I'm using something made by The_Funktasm. I'll see if I could do something though.
Gez
Developer
Developer

Post by Gez »

I decided to try to run a few Vavoom mods in GZDoom. The rule of the game was "no slumped, no new lump, no changes in existing lumps": all I allowed myself to do was use 7z to merge the different pk3s together into a single archive to make it easier to run the mod (just one file to send to GZDoom, not a half-dozen). Instead, the changes needed to make it work were in GZDoom itself. :mrgreen:

So, added support for Vavoom skyboxes, defined a couple of new mapinfo property (nothing more than aliases for existing properties, really) and another tiny tweak of the same kind. The result?
Victory!
Glory!
Or, maybe not. Each face of the cube in this one skybox are rotated 180°.

Apparently, there is a bug in the TGA code, because only one of the skyboxes was displayed correctly. When I converted these textures into PNG, they all worked.

Return to “General”