First Post is Queued

General discussion about DRD & website stuff.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

First Post is Queued

Post by Rachael »

As some of you may have already noticed, if you've never made a post on DRD Team before, your first post gets entered into a moderation queue. This effort is pretty much designed to eliminate spam bots completely, since they make themselves obvious as soon as they make their first post.

Anyway, please don't be alarmed by this, pretty much any normal person is going to get their first post approved. If it doesn't get approved quickly, please send me a PM. Also, any of the hostees will be able to approve your post, if you post in their forum.

After your first post is approved, you will not need to do this again unless the post is deleted.
Strife Toons

Re: First Post is Queued

Post by Strife Toons »

:P A Very good idea! Though I must admit, this board doesn't really seem lively?
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

Compared to other boards, no this board isn't lively at all.

When it all factors down, though, this board sees a lot more action than a regular ghost town, though.
PeskySaurus

Post by PeskySaurus »

yeah ive tried to liven it a little bit. some parts (parts i dont post on) seem more active then my comic's forum though. not the general areas i post at though :(
"Maybe one day I can figure it out, till then I just put another cigarette out, pull up a chair, open a brew, sit on the porch, and do what I do..." -Rehab
Strife Toons

Post by Strife Toons »

PeskySaurus wrote:yeah ive tried to liven it a little bit. some parts (parts i dont post on) seem more active then my comic's forum though. not the general areas i post at though :(
you have indeed Infact I just Laughed my head off at your post about Halloween, hiding in your garage playing creepy synth music from your keyboard as people trick or treat in your neibourhood! haha!
PeskySaurus

Post by PeskySaurus »

lol why thank you. im afraid of that hot vampire chick in soulpriestess's (soulpriestess'?) avatar biting my head off if we continue the off the mountain derail we are giving this thread lmao
"Maybe one day I can figure it out, till then I just put another cigarette out, pull up a chair, open a brew, sit on the porch, and do what I do..." -Rehab
MartinHowe

Post by MartinHowe »

PeskySaurus wrote:hot vampire chick in soulpriestess' avatar
Yes that is a striking image...

[spoiler]of a married mom with five kids!
TinEye is your friend :P[/spoiler]
The model is Amanda Keeys, a portrait photographer from Aus and the original pic was shopped by Zoran M from one of Ms Keeys' self portraits. Actually Ms Keeys looks to be reasonably hot in RL, but nowhere near as glamorous as the Flower Goth Girl; if this isn't a lesson about how NOBODY should EVER trust a photograph EVER again, I don't know what is :evil:

I won't get into the implications for privacy regarding TinEye, except to say that "Orwell was probably right" and considering what happened with Google Street View, it's only a matter of time before some enterprising lawyer tries to make a name for themselves. Damn, I should have studied law instead :P

BTW, this is the real me:
PS: That's a lie!
PeskySaurus

Post by PeskySaurus »

cute pictures... but you tricked me. you should put some halloween pictures in the halloween thread i made!! *wants to be part of something* lmao
Strife Toons

Post by Strife Toons »

PeskySaurus wrote:cute pictures... but you tricked me. you should put some halloween pictures in the halloween thread i made!! *wants to be part of something* lmao
if theres a forum Hell i'm sure we'd all be there ^_^
Pluck101

Post by Pluck101 »

Martin Howe is a panther?
Your future has become.... FORSAKEN!
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

Be careful. Panthers bite. :)