Other Interests for DRDTeam.org

General discussion about DRD & website stuff.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Other Interests for DRDTeam.org

Post by Rachael »

Doom is a great game and all, don't get me wrong. However, if I completely box myself into Doom for the rest of my days, I know I'd be bored after only a fraction of it. I am sure most, if not nearly all of you, feel the same way.

DRD Team technically isn't a Doom site - it once was, when the project actually existed (and that was before I really became active with the ZDoom community), but I think Grubber has stated on at least one occasion that it is not strictly so.

My idea is to invite other interests to this site. Mainly, I play a lot of roleplaying games. I know there are MMO guilds always looking for a place to host their home pages, but I don't play MMO's like I used to. Anyway, I'm paying $20 a month for something. I want to expand this site. Give me ideas. ;)
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Re: Other Interests for DRDTeam.org

Post by Rex Claussen »

SoulPriestess wrote:Give me ideas.
This is something I had suggested to Grubber a couple of years ago, and I figure I'll suggest it again: How about devoting a part of DRDTeam.org to stories and art. Here's how it might work:
  • 1. You have a section for stories, within which there could be game-related stories, and general stories.
    2. You'd have another section for art, again for game-related stuff and others.
    3. People would need to submit their stories/art to an editorial "board", which would review the material for appropriateness of content, entertainment value, thought-provoking value, etc.
    4. In order to facilitate the job of the editorial "board" DRDTeam would need to develop guidelines, both for contributors and for the editors.
    5. The editor/s will decide if the contribution is worth publishing. If the submittal is published, optionally the editors can include editorial notes that highlight various aspects of the material.
    6. There could be some type of annual award for stuff submited.
I'll volunteer to be an editor, both for stories and art. Enjay would be another diligent editor to recruit.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

Hmm, if you're willing, I will put this project into your hands. Send me a message about what you need to get this started, and I'll set it up for you.
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Post by Rex Claussen »

Give me a few days to think about the guidelines, as that's where most of the initial planning is required. I'll send you a PM after that.

I already have a few ideas, but let me mull over the structure of this venture before I send you my proposal.
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

I wouldn't mind a stories and art section (SoulPriestess might not have been around then, but some may recall that Paul used to have a whole subdomain dedicated to his artwork - shame he took it down), but in all honesty, the guilds and clans would not be welcome in my eyes. Even if the clan/guild/group is friendly, it may only attract negative attention (see Unidoom), and that's not a mess I look forward to cleaning up.
Remmirath
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by Remmirath »

wildweasel wrote:(SoulPriestess might not have been around then, but some may recall that Paul used to have a whole subdomain dedicated to his artwork - shame he took it down)
You can still have access to it, you know: http://paul.drdteam.org/
SoulPriestess wrote:Good job, Morpheus! You are teh awesum!

Return to “General”