Rank Icons

General discussion about DRD & website stuff.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Rank Icons

Post by Rachael »

Images have been added to certain user ranks. Since this site is used by a lot of people and it can be confusing whose words hold weight, people are being set apart from the crowd in case special instructions need to be given to newer visitors to the forum and to help avoid confusion as to who is making official announcements (such as about source ports and such) and who is not. This is being done really for no other purpose than that, and it is not meant to be an "award" or "honor" or anything else like that - it is simply a (more obvious) statement of authority in their respective fields.

Please keep this in mind if you have such an image under your name - if you speak on others' behalf without their permission your image will be removed.

This is being done because there was indeed one very minor case (too minor to mention here really) where it might have been helpful at the time.

Admins and mods are automatic, developers are given on a case-by-case basis and will intentionally be very rare, but if given they will supersede their stated admin/mod status. (Depends on how much they use the forum, really, or how high profile of a developer they are -- as a note, "high profile" is decided upon how closely related to ZDoom or GZDoom development they are, or also whether or not they lead major projects for such ports)

In the future I plan to be clearing out the group lists and tidying things up a bit.

Comments are welcome.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Re: Rank Icons

Post by Rachael »

I've placed some more Developer titles.

They have gone to people who I believe have contributed a major part to either ZDoom or GZDoom directly in some way.

Return to “General”