[Important - New Registrees] Small back-end cleanup

General discussion about DRD & website stuff.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

[Important - New Registrees] Small back-end cleanup

Post by Rachael »

The forums have undergone some back-end clean-ups. Most people will not even notice a difference, a few redundant groups have been removed.

However, it is important to note the following:

All inactive accounts awaiting email activation as of 2015/1/30 or earlier have been removed.

That means, if you made an account before February this year, and never checked your email to get it activated and going, you will have to re-register once more. Please bother to check your email, this time. Thank you. :)

The next clean-up will have a much shorter cut-off time. Please make sure to activate your accounts when you register. Additionally, 0-post accounts may also be removed as well, so please introduce yourself to avoid that happening, and at least get yourself a post count.

This frees up inactive user names, mostly for people who forget they even have an account here, and it keeps the user list somewhat tidy, retaining those who wish to stay on the site.
Tiger
Developer
Developer

Re: [Important - New Registrees] Small back-end cleanup

Post by Tiger »

Thanks for still keeping this place maintained and alive :)
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

• All accounts that have been created before 2016 but not been email verified have been deleted
  • All accounts that have been verified, but have zero post count, and last logged in before January 2015, have been deleted
  • Guest account posting has been enabled for a few key areas in the forum, including the Dev builds section, and GZDoom's bugs, ECWolf, and the DRD Team News forum.
[/i][/b]

Guest account enabling is something I probably should have done a long time ago - and it should reduce the need for creating an account just for a single post on this forum. This is a trial feature to see how it goes. All guest posts require approval.

If it goes well, I will enable guest interaction in all forums.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

[youtube] tags have been updated. They should work in browsers without Flash enabled now.
Spoiler: Test
Gez
Developer
Developer

Post by Gez »

I just noticed that we still have an swiki tag. [swiki]Main_Page[/swiki]
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

Gez wrote:I just noticed that we still have an swiki tag. [swiki]Main_Page[/swiki]
Fixed, for now.

There is a naming conflict in actually renaming the tag - it appears that [zwiki] was actually used for ZDoom references. So unfortunately, referencing Zandronum is just going to have to use ye olde [swiki] Skulltag tag. I suppose I could add [zanwiki] or something? But the BBCode list feels pretty bloated as is.

Return to “General”