Guest Account Search temporarily disabled

General discussion about DRD & website stuff.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Guest Account Search temporarily disabled

Post by Rachael »

Until further notice, use of /search.php has been removed from guests. Please use this customized Google search, instead. Registered users are not affected by this change, and can still use the internal search feature.

Additionally, when designing spiders and robots for this site, please specify in the user agent string what your robot is for. Any robot that accesses the site more than once per hour must also be made for the benefit of other users, not just yourself (i.e. it must upload its results somewhere to be made available for other users to use). The link of such information must be listed in your user agent string preceeded by a plus sign.

Good Example: GZDoom News Bot +http://my.custom.site.org/gzdoomnews.html

Don't make a faux user agent just to get past phpBB's robot categorizing feature, or your IP will be permanently banned.

Bad Example: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:x.x.x) Gecko/20041107 Firefox/x.x

I do not want to see a bot accessing the site every minute using an obviously fake user-agent string like that.

Lastly, please don't stalk our users. I know it's fun to search a certain user's posts every minute, but that's downright creepy, and there's nothing they post that doesn't show up in the official RSS feed, anyway, which is not account-restricted and is free for anyone to use. :)

Thank you!

Return to “General”