Can't log out of banned user from Doomworld

General discussion about DRD & website stuff.
SGT_Roozy_V

Can't log out of banned user from Doomworld

Post by SGT_Roozy_V »

I accidentally signed up an account then it displays me this message here:
Banned

Why?
Note that all Doom servers are closed now not by me.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Re: Can't log out of banned user from Doomworld

Post by Rachael »

Even as different as we are from Doomworld, they have the same views on that as everyone else does: That's ban evasion, and no one likes it when you do that.

Now I will admit from what I've seen here your behavior has improved significantly from what I've seen over at ZDoom. It's the one thing that's kept me from banning you right on sight here, too.

But in order for me to even believe that you've atoned for your past mistakes, you have to even acknowledge them. You have to tell me why it was a bad idea for you to do the things that've gotten you banned.

But that will change nothing as far as Doomworld is concerned. We have no connection with them. I don't even WANT any connection with them. The way they do things is foreign and crazy to me, and I really want no part of that. Hey, they run the largest site in the Doom community - they must be doing SOMETHING right - I applaud them for that - but you know how often I interact with *ANY* Doomworld admin? MAYBE once a year. If that. It's cool - they have their own priorities, I have mine. We don't even share ban stories - as fun as that might sound.

And so there you have it - if it's not obvious by now that we are not affiliated with Doomworld I don't know what would be. We can't persuade them even if we wanted to. And trust me - we don't want to. They're like France. We're like South Korea. That's how different we are from one another. If you want to appeal your ban you have to go straight to them - and the only way you can do that is on IRC, as far as I know. I'll leave someone else to give you their contact details, if it really matters that much to you.

As far as ZDoom is concerned though - I'm keeping the ban in place, for now. Until I see some proof that you've matured and you are able to own up to your own mistakes, I see no reason to lift the ban. When you've shown me that you know right from wrong, and are willing to admit failure, I may consider it. But until then, enjoy your stay in a perpetual ghost town. Even you found it to be too quiet, here.
SGT_Roozy_V

Re: Can't log out of banned user from Doomworld

Post by SGT_Roozy_V »

...okay? >Playing Roblox/WhackYourSeries
edit: I'm deaf now... to talking about it... spam everywhere, no more... I'm now away and not closing this thread not to ban me... sick.
Note that all Doom servers are closed now not by me.

Return to “General”