ReShade Issue gzdoom-x64-g2.2pre-2123-g8b7a87f

These are problems that have already been resolved, either by others or by their users.

Moderator: Graf Zahl

saegiru

ReShade Issue gzdoom-x64-g2.2pre-2123-g8b7a87f

Post by saegiru »

So I appear to be having issues with ReShade 2.03.1121 and the dev versions of gzdoom. It's kind of odd and hard to explain, but the ReShade filter seems to be ghosting the original image at the top and right part of the screen when loading the game. It only happens in maximized window mode, not in fullscreen. I am using the Borderless Gaming program to do a maximized window without border so that I can use the NVIDIA shadowplay desktop recording capability. The stable 2-1-1 version does not have the ghosting issue at all. For now I'm just sticking with 2-1-1 I suppose, but hopefully you can give some insight as to why this is happening?

As always, thanks guys.

dpJudas
Developer
Developer

Re: ReShade Issue gzdoom-x64-g2.2pre-2123-g8b7a87f

Post by dpJudas »

My guess is this is an issue with ReShade. The dev version of gzdoom automatically adjusts its viewport to cover the entire screen, so when Borderless Gaming strips the border gzdoom reacts accordingly, but apparently ReShade does not.

In any case, you probably should take this up with the ReShade developers as it looks more like a bug in their end.
saegiru

Post by saegiru »

That's always a possibilty - the outside program could very well be the issue, I know - but I am not the developer of either, so I have no idea. I just wanted to post it to make it known to the gzdoom devs, because as I said - the stable version doesn't do it, only the dev versions. I have no idea if there was any code changed in how it would handle the windowed mode being stripped of its border and going "full" screen or not... but if it ISN'T something related to gzdoom, I'd just like to have that to explain in the bug report to the ReShade developers if possible.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Nothing I can do here.
dpJudas
Developer
Developer

Post by dpJudas »

The difference between 2.1.1 and the dev version is that in 2.1.1 the scene was always the original window size and clamped to the lower left. It would therefore not expand and take advantage of the additional pixels you gained by removing the border from the window. In the dev version this bug has been fixed and it automatically expands if the window grows. This in turn reveals a bug in ReShade not resizing its stuff when the window size change (basically the same kind of bug as 2.1.1 had).

Out of curiosity, which effect in ReShade is it that you're using it for?

Return to “Closed Tech Issues”