GZDOOM Player is going TURBO!

These are problems that have already been resolved, either by others or by their users.

Moderator: Graf Zahl

DrDacote

GZDOOM Player is going TURBO!

Post by DrDacote »

Hai

So I just started using GZDOOM only to be able to play GZDOOM 64 (I primarily use Zandronum). I start the game through Doomseeker and it loads well, but as soon as it starts, Doomguy just starts running backwards and jumping all the time. There's also a message that reads "Player is going TURBO!" or something like this. I already screwed around in the Options menu but I can't get it to stop. Obviously, this makes the game unplayable. Please help!
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Re: GZDOOM Player is going TURBO!

Post by Graf Zahl »

Do you have a joystick or gamepad attached? This sounds like the game is receiving input from somewhere it shouldn't.
DrDacote

Post by DrDacote »

I should have mentiones, I do not have any type of joystick connected to my computer, and it is a Mac.
_mental_
Developer
Developer

Post by _mental_ »

To be able to help we need to know the version of GZDoom you are using and the list of all WADs/PK3s you are loading (with exact versions and/or where to download them). Also you can try to run GZDoom directly without Doomseeker.
DrDacote

Post by DrDacote »

I figured it out, kinda feel like an idiot. I was trying to run GZDOOM from the Doomseeker "Create Game" menu since I can easily add pwads through it, but Doomseeker doesn't have the option to run GZDOOM so I was running it as Zandronum. That's what made GZDOOM go all crazy on me. I ran GZDOOM as a normal app and it ran DOOM 2 fine. Then I dragged all of GZDOOM 64's files into GZDOOM and it ran them perfectly, no problem. Finally I can play DOOM 64 proper!
Gez
Developer
Developer

Post by Gez »

IMO playing Doom 64 proper requires this: https://doom64ex.wordpress.com/ ;)

Return to “Closed Tech Issues”